1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Story Toy Box R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MacReady, Jan 4, 2001.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the THX Tex trailers are on the R2 version of the toy box?

Thanks

------------------
    "I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately NOT.

My advice is buy the R1 version as it has more exras and of course the brilliant THX TEX trailers, also i got mine for £39.99 inc p&p from the Enterprises DVD,the uk rrp is £49.99 and the packaging is not as good as the R1 version.

Hope i have been some help....

Cheers
    PH.

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Phil.

Looks like I will be going for the R1 set then.

Thanks again.

------------------
    "I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"

4. YETi

YETi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the R1 version but I took a look at R2 and think the packaging is better [​IMG] They have done a great job with the gatefold + you even get 4 or so postcards which are great. I want them but R1 is the way to go as I watch the films not the packaging [​IMG]

Listen to me I sound like a bloody geek! [​IMG]

5. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I ordered the R1 box set from Play 247.
    Both films for £17.99, a steal.
    Its not the 3 disc set of course , but for the price difference is it worth it?
    Cheers.

------------------
    Don't think you are, Know you are.

6. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help guys.

Does the twin disc set (R1) have the THX Tex trailers at the front of each movie??

I know it is sad being SO concerned with getting these trailers, but since I saw them at the cinema ages ago I have been wanting to get them on a DVD.
    I am just starting to try and catch up with DVD's I have missed over the last couple of Months (been buying new HC kit) and the Toy Story movies are pretty high on the list.

I do like the extras on DVD's too, which is why I would really like the Toy Box.

------------------

7. RobT

RobT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The THX Tex (the wee guy) is only on the TS1 disc of the R1 Toy Story twin disc box set. The TS2 disc only has the basic THX aural demo that gets a bit annoying after a while (I've watched TS2 about 12 times this Xmas thanks to my wee boy and his love of Buster the Dog...).

Cheers