1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Story 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Timoth, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Timoth

Timoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just got Toy story 1 & 2 box set and, I put TS2 on first and was hacked off to find a trailer before the film, to make it worse you couldn't just skip the chapter, you had to go through the menu.

Has anyone else found this on any other disks?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Tim,

This is "normal" for any Disney DVD you get, be it R1 or R2. There's buggery you can do about it, unless you know which title number the film starts on, and upon inserting the DVD into your player, stop the disc manually, then key in the title number you want it to start playing from.

It's another one of those "con-trick" things from the bastards at Buena Vista/Disney!!! These folks introduced the idea of splitting great films over two sides of a DVD, thus requiring users to "flip" the DVD over halfway through a 90 minute film!

Am surprised that they don't also use the same crappy cardboard boxes as Warners keep using, just to REALLY **** everyone off!

Pooch

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't skip it? I do just by advancing the chapters manually. I have a Sony 735, but it works with my old player too Panny A-110.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The R1 version just has the 'FBI Warning', 'Duplication Prohibited' and 'Walt Disney Logo', then straight into the menu page. You can't skip the above but it only takes 40 seconds (applies to TS 1&2 in the UTB)

------------------
    "I amaze myself sometimes, I'm always thinking"