Toy Room #2 In progress.

Nearly there now. Just the carpet to go. Yes, carpet for the walls and ceiling too - only very thin stuff though and pukka stuff on the floor! :smashin: Now to just get the man to come and fit it....... :suicide:

Anyway....

paintedlobby.jpg

Entrance lobby. Will have vinal tiles on the floor, seeing as it is in from the outside.

entrance.jpg

Entrance into the room itself

screenend.jpg

Lights now fitted, but not fully pushed in to place.

seatingend.jpg

dvdfull1.jpg

dvdfull2.jpg

DVD cupboard now fully stocked.

Not long now. :clap: As soon as the carpet guy has been, I can start moving speakers and other equipment in - and put my spanking new Draper Onyx screen together! :D

Carpet man been, done the walls and ceiling - looks better than I could have ever hoped :clap: - floor on Monday. I've also put down the floor in the lobby and store room, plus fixed up my Kill Bill poster in the lobby and fixed the DTS plaque to the door into the room itself. There was a sudden last minute change of mind as to the carpet colour, so the edging around the doors and the fan in the ceiling now need to be painted, so they blend in better.

lobby2.jpg

Floor tiles now down.

dts1.jpg

dts2.jpg

www.designbybond.se is a wonderful place!

kill.jpg

Why hello there Uma!

carpet1.jpg

Like I said, door edging will be sorted to blend in.

carpet2.jpg

It's all coming together now! I can almost feel the movie watching goodness!! ;)

I can almost feel the movie watching goodness!!

Wait until you are in, it will be amazing, looks very good.

Now if there is one room that will absorb the light this is it :)

Looks fantastic Mr Bump! The carpet fitter has done a stirling job.
Looking forward to seeing it finished...

Where did you get the carpet from?

I Have spent most of today trying to find a self coloured black carpet but have had no luck :(

Now if there is one room that will absorb the light this is it

Hehe - that was the idea! :thumbsup:

The carpet fitter has done a stirling job.

Yup, I thought so too - it looked to be a complete bloody nightmare to do and the poor guy and his helper were completely stoned from the glue fumes by the end of it, but he's done an amazing job - even better than I could have hoped!!

Good old Carpet Right. The carpet fitter is a friend and neighbour and I spoke to him for advice before I started and he said this was pretty much the only stuff out there light enough to be stuck on walls and ceiling without sagging off after a few months! He's used it a couple of times before like this, in recording studios, so he knew what he was doing when it came to the fitting (although I still have no bloody idea how he managed those doors and the lights!!) The carpet is called Jumbo Cord and is only £1.99 per sq meter! It does only come in about 4 colours though, but if black is what you want (well, dark grey anyway), then you're sorted! :smashin:

Been a busy bee today:

rearspeakers.jpg

Rear speakers and the PJ now in place! (and tested) :D

screen.jpg

As is the screen, which, even if I do say so myself, is f***ing awesome!! :clap: I have managed to get a lovely hand print on it though - any tips on the best way to clean it off?

test.jpg

Quick test to check everything is okay!

Mr Bump said:

Good old Carpet Right. The carpet fitter is a friend and neighbour and I spoke to him for advice before I started and he said this was pretty much the only stuff out there light enough to be stuck on walls and ceiling without sagging off after a few months! He's used it a couple of times before like this, in recording studios, so he knew what he was doing when it came to the fitting (although I still have no bloody idea how he managed those doors and the lights!!) The carpet is called Jumbo Cord and is only £1.99 per sq meter! It does only come in about 4 colours though, but if black is what you want (well, dark grey anyway), then you're sorted! :smashin:

Christ i was in there today and i never seen it although i discounted anything that wasn't black :suicide: I'll go back in tomorrow.

Yeah, I got that. The wall and ceiling carpet only came to about £160, but the floor carpet was a *tad* more per meter, so that was another £400! :eek: But at least I got my 10% off....

Been back to Carpetright and they told me the colour you have is discontinued and the replacement is light grey :mad: :(

Can you also find out what your fitter did to attach it to the walls and ceiling please?

Adrenochrome.

Bummer! That really sucks! :(

As for adhesive, they used about 20 cans of Perkins Stockwell and Co Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive, which is a multi purpose spray glue ideal for bonding foam to other surfaces, so perfect for this foam backed carpet. Be warned though: Once up, you can remove the carpet and put new carpet up, but it will make a mess of the walls if you suddenly decide you don't want carpet any more. Also, the glue will effectively 'seal' the room, so you will need good ventilation and preferably a de-humidifier to boot (I plan to get one as soon as the room is done).

Managed to source some carpet from a different branch :thumbsup:

Although i am having no luck getting a fitter to agree to do the job :(

Adrenochrome.

A smoke alarm might not be a bad idea either.

Either in the room itself or just outside in the hall, surpised not more people fit them or even mention them during their room conversions.

:thumbsup:

On the face of it, that is a superb idea and I have no clue why I hadn't even considered it! On second thoughts though, it is a detached garage - if there is a fire and I am in there, hopefully I would notice and if I wasn't in there, there's no way I'd hear it......

What are they saying when you ask Adrenochrome? I just assumed they would all be able to do it, but I only asked one guy and he agreed straight away, so maybe that isn't the case at all and I just got damn lucky!

Mr Bump said:
What are they saying when you ask Adrenochrome? I just assumed they would all be able to do it, but I only asked one guy and he agreed straight away, so maybe that isn't the case at all and I just got damn lucky!

As soon as i mention carpetting the ceiling the fitters i have asked have all backed off fearing that it will fall down in a matter of months :(

I am waitng on another one getting back to me tomorrow and another one is coming on Tuesday for a look so hopefully one of them shall agree to do it.

Adrenochrome.

I plan to get a smoke alarm for mine. One of those radio transmitter ones as i have no means of fire escape from the cellar. I plan to have the smoke sensor at the top of the cellar and the actual alarm in the cellar.

Well, almost. ;) It's up and running and me and the missus watched a DVD tonight (Monsters Inc), so that counts as done in my book, even if *cough* some doors are missing :eek:

floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

Carpet was fitted. Well pleased! :D

nightmare.jpg

Wired up. Was such a nightmare I couldn't even focus the camera properly!! (just kidding - it went smooth as silk :) )

beer.jpg

Some essential components. Beer and.......well, just beer really... :smashin:

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

And there we go, all done. Doors had to be taken off, as I went for a rather thicker carpet than initially expected, so the bottom of the doors need to have a bit taken off. Hopefully will be sorted tomorrow. And that's it, now to enjoy it. I still need a new sub rather badly, but that will have to wait a month or two while my wallet recovers!! The one I have will do for now. Had a quick go on Halo 2 and God of War, both of which kicked arse on the big screen! Woo Hoo! :clap:

Adrenochrome said:
I Still cannot get anyone to come and fit the carpet though :mad:

If you have no luck , maybe you'll have to create a DIY solution ? Perhaps making some panels covered with the carpet ,and securing the panels to the ceiling
Just a suggestion
JS

Mr Bump said:
The one I have will do for now. Had a quick go on Halo 2 and God of War, both of which kicked arse on the big screen! Woo Hoo! :clap:

So you finally got GoW !!! Hope the finished article with sounds kick'd a*se as much as it did without sound. Can't wait to come across and get the full xperience.

Looks great mate. Carpet looks good but still think you need an annoying green fluorescent FIRE EXIT sign :devil:

l8r mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom