Tower.com any faster at delivery on cheapest shipping option?

Romero

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering would people recommend using Tower.com, some of their prices are competative as Amazon.com just wondering if using standard shipping for single titles if they are any faster then say amazon or dvd pacific?

They're frickin' fast!!!

... just quoting some recent posts of mine at the bargains forum ...
Just ordered these @ www.tower.com
- best delivered prices as far as I know (international delivery = $4.99/item)

Justice League - Season 1 (4 discs, R1): $27.98 (~£14.03) delivered
Justice League - Season 2 (4 discs, R1): $27.98 (~£14.03) delivered
Justice League Unlimited - Season 1 (4 discs, R1): $27.98 (~£14.03) delivered
Justice League Unlimited - Season 2 (2 discs, R1): $19.75 (~£9.90) delivered

Btw, these should play on R2 players
... as do other 'R1' WB DC Universe/'Timmiverse' DVDs, and WB TV DVDs in general ;)
Blimey!!
- had three out of four of the above JL/JLU orders delivered this morning, thats five working days with the cheapest international shipping option, items were rattler/dent-free and factory sealed

First time I've used Tower, and I'd definitely recommend them now :smashin:

They seem to fly under the radar of most price checkers (Find-DVD, dvdpricecheck.co.uk, dvdpricesearch.com), so check Tower out in addition to those sites.

Seems to be worthwhile for single item purchases due to the relatively low $4.99/item delivery charge (but if ordering several items you'd obviously be blowing more than normal on delivery charges ... though still might be cheaper overall). Actually there's no point in multiple item orders at all, since you're still paying the same delivery charges, but might be too close to the customs limit for comfort.

BTW, JLU S2 is now 77¢ cheaper ($18.98 delivered) at Tower ;)
Little hijack. But are Tower customs friendly? Would be good to find an international etailer instead of or as an alternative to CD Wow. Unless you can all recommend some other company that I should look at.
Not customs friendly ... but seeing as it makes no difference to the shipped cost if ordering multiple items separately or together (UK delivery = $4.99/item), its advisable to place a single item order, and its very likely that your single item order will be below the £18 customs limit before shipping (based on HMRC's monthly exchange rate), unless its really pricey :)

EDIT - still recommend you checkout Find-DVD, dvdpricecheck.co.uk, dvdpricesearch.com for R1 prices as Tower are rarely the cheapest, - but I won't fault them on delivery (sealed items delivered in under a week from the US, without opting for any gimmicky 'expedited delivery' option)

sounds good Krish, do they ship before the release date say like DVD pacific or Movietyme or are they like amazon and just ship on the actual release date.

Thanks

Caiman (on Amazon.co.uk) and Tower.com are the same company
The shipping is the same for both as they ship in bulk to the UK then repost from a UK address.

Disks usually arrive within 7 days
Best to check both prices before ordering as they do differ considerably.
They are way faster than Amazon.com but I have never pre-ordered anything.
Service and delivery is always excellent, I use them all the time.

sounds good, might do a test order with them, do you know do they ship single discs in Jiffy bags? or packaging that will go through the letterbox on your door?

Thanks

Sorry to go off subject.

Hey Romero,
I tried to reply to the PM you sent me but it says your mailbox is full.

Cheers

sounds good, might do a test order with them, do you know do they ship single discs in Jiffy bags? or packaging that will go through the letterbox on your door?
The DVDs I've ordered (in my earlier posts) were all packed in tight fitting soft card boxes that slipped through my letterbox

thats great to hear Krish thanks, gonna pre-order Rambo Blu-Ray from them and see how I get on, I'll report back to the thread.

Ive just had PS I love you Blu ray pop through the door, posted 1st May, released 6 May, so posted a little early and arrive 2 days after release, so not too bad.

Came in a jiffy without any customs declaration and a UK royal mail franked label.

Very impressed, just had twister sent to me and Ive now pre ordered Dark City with them.

Its a shame they don't discount the postage for multiple items though as it looks like they may be customs friendly too.

Can anyone confirm they are customs friendly?

How long was it before your item(s) dispatched from Tower.Com?

I ordered Cloverfield from them the other week and it took 4 days for the dispatched email to be sent.

I ordered Rambo Blu-ray yesterday, said "Onsale, dispatched in 12 hours" and 36+ hours later, nothing has happened. Have I got another 4 days wait for it to be dispatched?

Is it totally random or is a 4+ day wait normal, or is it due to what type of card/payment you used? (I've used an EGG VISA CC).

not impressed with them tbh, I know a lot of users have good things to say about their quick shipping times but it took two weeks for my orders of Rambo and Cloverfield to arrive, they also didn't ship before the release date, and it took a good 2-3 days after official release date for me to the confirmation that the orders had shipped.

Just received a large refund on one of my Tower orders, reason "other". It doesn't look like anything has been cancelled, anyone have any ideas what it might be for. It's like 40% of the order.

Tower are much faster than amazon.com on standard shipping.I'd say about half the time of amazon.Amazon seem to get slower and slower when I first started ordering from them a couple of years ago it was around 8-9 days now they seem to disapear into another dimension for weeks on end and they're cheaper too.

Will never use Tower again, have about 5 items that were "apparently" dispatched on the 18th September. Still no sign of them, never again Tower. :nono:

Will never use Tower again, have about 5 items that were "apparently" dispatched on the 18th September. Still no sign of them, never again Tower. :nono:

I'd say they might turn up next week, as I pointed out before great they can deliver to the UK within 5 days but for rest of europe it takes ages, I live in Ireland and it will typically take approx 3 weeks for my orders to arrive. So if i'm not in a hurry and want to save a few euros order from them, if I want it quick I'll order from Axel or Movietyme.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom