Tour of duty

MrBlofeldt

Ex Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the tour of duty complete box set (on amazon used&new for £54) is worth it, what comes with it, good points bad points etc etc ???

Hi Mr B,

Don't own the DVD set you mention, but:
- the picture is reasonable, bearing in mind the series is nearly 18 years old now!
- the sound is bog-standard stereo/stereo surround (it's functional, but nothing special)
- there are no extras

Also, almost all of the original music included in the show (including the "Paint It Black" theme tune) has been removed due to copyright issues. As such, the music that's been replaced, is completely random, and more-often-than-not complete trash.

I wouldn't recommend you buying this DVD set.

Pooch

PoochJD said:
- the picture is reasonable, bearing in mind the series is nearly 18 years old now!

:eek: Geeez is it really that long ago?

PoochJD said:
- there are no extras

You'd a thought that they'd be able to get some thing in the way of extras, stuff about the battles that are depicted, the Black Panthers and other stuff thats touched upon in the show.

PoochJD said:
- Also, almost all of the original music included in the show (including the "Paint It Black" theme tune) has been removed due to copyright issues. As such, the music that's been replaced, is completely random, and more-often-than-not complete trash.

:mad: That really is the clincher for not getting the set.

I wanted this - saw the no original music - thought stuff it and spent ages capturing my old off TV tapes to DVD - got two episodes per disc.

At least the PQ held up well see my kit list

lovemunkey187 said:
:mad: That really is the clincher for not getting the set.

Not having the original music means I would never purchased this on DVD as well. It's typical really that while the Rolling Stones are down-and-out they will happily sell out their music. But they won't let the show that relaunched their music career use their music now they're massive again and don't need the money. Hypocrites.

HI,

Glad my info was of use. TOUR OF DUTY was first aired in the USA in 1987, and ended in 1990. Hence, it's just shy of being 20 years old! :eek: I still remember the good old days, when ITV used to air this late at night in their late-night schedules... along with a lot of other US shows too! How I mourn for those days.... :(

Pooch

Hi

FX did indeed air all 3 seasons of TOD several times. However, it's now been run so often on the channel, that they've stopped showing it for awhile.

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom