Tour De France: 20 June

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Could be good, I'm cycling 15 miles from home to watch them pass by on the 3rd stage so maybe I'll be in the game!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Oh. I bet Texas is bigger!
From my experiences of "teh south", Texan's have bigger bottoms.
Ego's are probably on par with Parisians, but bigger than rural French.
Cracking portion sizes compared to posh French food though.

Yankland "wins"! :thumbsup:

As for a bicycling game, i think i'd rather do it in real life... and given games rarely get the feeling of motorcycles correct, i'm very dubious of them nailing bicycling handling.

cr_mega_738_bike-race-490.jpg

.................... First gameplay screenshot surfaces.

.......... and DLC content:

Rocket-Powered-Bike-537x298.jpg

The last Texan to spend a good bit of time cycling round France certainly left an impression.

Both have their merits but I think I can enjoy France more because I'm not English and born with an irrational hatred for France and anything French. ;):laugh:

I love Le Tour and I tune in every year but these games traditionally get seriously bad reviews, I think the gameplay is more about team management than mashing buttons for pedals and I would probably enjoy that but I'll wait for the reviews. Who knows, maybe this time they'll get it right?

I'm cool with the French. Eric Cantona is a god to me. Yeah, you read that right. I'd have his babies anyday! #Truthfact

Holy pew... we have a truthfact on avf...

Someone alert the press.

I think the gameplay is more about team management than mashing buttons for pedals and I would probably enjoy that but I'll wait for the reviews.
Now a management game would be much better. I'd go as far to say if there was no pedal-mashing, and it was purely tactical (swapping positions in-race say) and strategic management (buying and training riders out of races) i'd be much more inclined.

Sadly i think those kind of games are very much out of favour now...

Yeah, do you have to buy the drugs and dope the bikeists too?
I see no point in a cycling game whatsoever. It's ridiculous. If you like cycling would you really want to spend time inside with a controller?

I see no point in a cycling game whatsoever. It's ridiculous. If you like cycling would you really want to spend time inside with a controller?
For a guy like me who doesn't own a bike nor can really ride one with any kind of length due to arthritis in my knees this game may actually be kind of fun.

I don't know what to say about that, I ride a bike to work but wouldn't ever expect a game to replace the real thing. You have my sympathy, I have grade 4 osteoarthritis in right shoulder, I need a new shoulder but they say I'm too young, had all kinds of pills, patches and injections but they only ever take the edge of the pain and make me feel bab, or interfere with my insulin or stop it working at all!

I suppose you could say that about about any kind of sports game though? Why play FIFA when you can go down the park with a ball?

I take a interest in cycling, I enjoy watching it and when time allows taking part. Every year Le Tour is the pinnacle of the sport and I have my favorite teams and riders, I enjoy the tactics and all the other competitions within the race like, the green jersey, king of the mountains, ect. A game like this to me would be just like FIFA to a football fan.

I mean I don't really care for Baseball, I'm not sure that MLB would interest me as a game but I can appreciate how people that are fans of the sport would. I'm not going to go on that thread and start posting about how I don't see the point though.

For me the problem with this game is that it gets average to poor reviews every year, what I'd really like to know is what makes this one better? I'm already interested, sell it to me.

Yes you could say that about everything, I'm sure throwing grenades and shooting guns is fun too, but a cycling game?

Not really sure you could say the same for playing an FPS shooter in the house rather than going outside and taking on all comers with an AK+ Grenades unless you live in the US;)

Yes you could say that about everything, I'm sure throwing grenades and shooting guns is fun too, but a cycling game?

I'm sure people who live in warzones across the world are having an absolute ball watching their friends and family die and get maimed to bullets and grenades.

I am English and I LOVE FRANCE..... I will be driving through there again this year and can't wait.

But a cycling game...really????

Some sports lend themselves well to games, like tennis on a portable console, even if you don't like tennis.

But how anyone can make this into an exciting game I have no idea......

Not quite what I meant. Don't mention the war.

I suppose you could say that about about any kind of sports game though? Why play FIFA when you can go down the park with a ball?

Hi @TheRobotman - I know what you are saying, but football has soo many variables (that's soccer to you @Det ...you may have heard of it). Cycling...there isn't enough going on...enough variety.....

If anyone can make this into a good game they deserve a medal an Oscar and a Knighthood.

Hi @TheRobotman - I know what you are saying, but football has soo many variables (that's soccer to you @Det ...you may have heard of it). Cycling...there isn't enough going on...enough variety.....

If anyone can make this into a good game they deserve a medal an Oscar and a Knighthood.
What's soccer?! o_O

lol.

Le Tour is all about endurance right? Shouldn't the game be all about endurance with your fingers and thumbs? I have no clue how to control the bikes/characters but it seems to me like it should work similar to Octodad, lol... now you'd probably have to get carpel tunnel surgery shortly after your first Tour... but that's the price you pay for immersion! Maybe rotate the analogs with your toes in a back and forward motion?

that is making me feel sick just thinking about it.....

There's a lot more to it than maybe you think, I think this game would be more like Football Manager than Pro Evo. It's actually has a a lot of tactics to consider, the team selection, what jerseys are you competing, time trails, sprints, climbs, breakaways, ect.

As I said, if your a fan of the sport I imagine there would be plenty in this to keep you amused.

I'm actually talking myself into buying it now. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom