1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough One Box Choice. Help Please!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Brewerp, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Brewerp

Brewerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would appreciate some advice on the following. I am looking to buy an all in one home cinema system for around £550 - £650.

I have narrowed it down to one of three systems.

Teac Legacy L800
    http://ws2.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=TEAC-LEGACY800
    Denon DHT 550-SD
    http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=6101
    Pioneer NS-DV1000
    http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront/EN/product/NSDV1000

Does anyone have any adivce or opinions on these systems (or any other recommendations)?

Cheers.

2. Brewerp

Brewerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Advice anyone? :confused:

3. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Dont have any experience of those systems all i can offer is thet i bought a
    Jamo dvr50 and a325 speaker package on the advice of many including many hifi magazine ratings and have not been at all disappointed in the quality of sound or picture.
    Check out this package it may just be what your looking for who knows?
    regards
    kev

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Out of your list I was most impressed with the Denon however then I heard the Yamaha DVXS200 system which IMHO blew it away for home cinema but was only on par with music (apart from offering SACD) and the price was good anyway at £600 but I already know of it going at about £450. Try actual yamaha dealers aswell as i'd imagine it won't be hard to find this price.

5. Brewerp

Brewerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for both of your replies, I've considered the JAMO system (love the look of the sub and sat's) and will give it some serious thought. I've not even looked at the Yamaha DVXS200 I'll do some digging (this system is mainly going to be for movies anyway). Where did you see the review for the Yamaha and Denon as I've not been able to find much on the Denon (I think its only been out for a month or so)?

Cheers again. Phil.

6. Brewerp

Brewerp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kev.

In regard to you advice on the Jamo DVR50 and A325. Where about buy your system from and how much was it? I have seen it on av-sales.co.uk for about £735.