1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touchscreen media player apps and general questions.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by northernmunki, Feb 12, 2005.

1. northernmunki

northernmunki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just ordered myself a SilverStone LC02 case and am going to start building an entertainment system for audio using a touch screen and WiFi. Can anyone help with some newbie questions.

1. What audio media juke box type software would be suitable for use with a touch screen. iTunes and Media Player are only any good with a mouse or do you know otherwise? Winamp with different skins? I have downloaded a demo of TouchTone. Is there any better free stuff out there? Not to fussed about video *just yet*.

2. Ultra quiet hard disks, 2.5" or 3.5", 80Gb ish i guess, any suggestions?

3. Fanless motherboard, ITX range? What are the minimum CPU requirement to run MP3/WMA/WAV files without problems?

I realise there is are a truck load of answers out there as Im being quite vauge. General comments are much appreciated.

Had great feedback from AVForums regarding my amp and speakers a while ago so *had* to come back for more real world experience.

Cheers,

2. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just set up a touchscreen with Xlobby and it works a treat.

Ken