Touch The Warmth

Butch499

Hi!

e00592210f81cabae12b211ba53555b1

A powered paraglider buzzed past while I was walking along the beach, waiting for the sunset. He passed right in front of the sun, which made me think this might fit the theme. This was a 'grab-your-camera-out-of-the-bag-and-point-and-shoot' moment, so I was quite chuffed with the composition, the lens flare and the warm sunset tones. I wasn't the only one taking pics, either. And yes, it was warm down there too!

Date Time Original 2015:11:16 18:08:16
Exposure Time 1/1600
F Number f / 10
ISO Speed Ratings 200
Metering Mode Pattern
Focal Length 70mm
Make NIKON CORPORATION
Model NIKON D750

Linked from here : Feel the Warmth by David Oliver - Photo 129434387 - 500px
Bigger view here : Segur de Calafell, Spain
Cheers!

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
Lovely shot - doesn't really tick the "theme box" for me though... :)

Jim

raptor

Nice shot, like the colour.

Marika

It's a very nice shot. I always see yellow as a cold colour, though :) If it was more orange/pink, I'd say it's perfect. Despite that, I do like it a lot! And that flare is pure magic :)

snerkler

Distinguished Member
It's a very nice shot. I always see yellow as a cold colour, though :)
Really? :eek: ;) :p

Joking aside, there are variants in all colours but as this yellow has an orange undertone I'd definitely put it in the warm scale myself. Interesting how we all see things differently though, bit of an eye opener this :smashin:

As for the pic, very nice pic indeed and agree the flare spots really add to it. Does it fit the theme? Well the colour is warm (IMO ;)) but I'm not sure the pic as a whole says warmth. Difficult theme to interpret though. As a shot it's great.

Last edited:

Butch499

Thanks for the feedback peeps! Marika, I can see what you mean, pastel yellows can be 'cool' but I agree with snerkler: heat something like a lump of steel, it is deffo warmer when it is yellow than when red.... interesting to hear your point of view!
And Jim, I'm going to invite you to come and stay here, so you can feel the warmth. It was a pleasant 22°C down on the beach that afternoon. A bit warmer than Glasgow, I think ;)

A slow start this month, Keep the pics coming folks! :hiya:

shotokan101

Banned
22 Degrees........ "Luxury!" :D

Marika

I've looked at this long and hard now. It looks warmer in my proper monitor than it looks on my phone. It's simply a lovely photo and I think I can fit it with the theme in my mind

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom