1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch dimmer switches (B&Q)

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by maverick808, Jun 12, 2005.

1. maverick808

maverick808

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have an old dimmer switch at home that I really like... it's basically just a big plain square. I love that I can just touch anywhere on the square without having to aim at a button.

I was recently trying to get more just like it but all I can find look exactly the same as the ones in B&Q. They seem to have a small circle in the middle. I'm wondering, does this mean you can only control the light by touching this small circle?

Can anyone confirm this? And if this is the case does anyone know somewhere in the uk that sells touch switches that have a much larger activation area?

Thanks.

2. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have this type of dimmer control in my cinema room. You dim the light by touching the main circle however, you can purchase a remote control unit for it as well. Other remote units can be programmed to dim lights as well as controlling cinema system. I wouldnt buy them from BBQ as they are a tad expensive - look on e-bay and such sites as they can be found considerably cheaper!!

3. t--j

t--j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45