Totting up ban :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoeyedbob

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got done for 43 in a 30 yesterday,was already on 9points......i was the middle car and we were all going the same speed...why me ?
So i Had to give up my driving job..although tbh ,the pay was really poor,it was more to get out the house....but glasgow city centre has got me in this mess....
Last couple of years i seem to have hit a really unlucky patch
Was really looking forward to a biking holiday up to portree/ullapool..now cancelled

There's a good chance i'll successfully plead extreme hardship
(Due to remote(ish) location)
But not worth even taking the bike out the shed...i'd be a nervous wreck.

Loads of other s**t going on as well....not a happy time
Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Just got done for 43 in a 30 yesterday,was already on 9points......i was the middle car and we were all going the same speed...why me ?
So i Had to give up my driving job..although tbh ,the pay was really poor,it was more to get out the house....but glasgow city centre has got me in this mess....
Last couple of years i seem to have hit a really unlucky patch
Was really looking forward to a biking holiday up to portree/ullapool..now cancelled

But not worth even taking the bike out the shed...i'd be a nervous wreck.

Loads of other s**t going on as well....not a happy time

Seems like you are going threw a rough patch and I feel for you in regards to that, but if I where already on 9 points, I know I would be making sure my ass was doing 28 mph on that road.

Whats glasgow city centre got to do with it ?

In fairness I don't suppose he posted on here for people to moralise at him. Sure, he shouldn't be speeding and it was daft to take the risk on 9 points, but I'm sure he realises that. He has been good enough to remind us all that there are consequences.

Hope things improve for you Bob...

I totted up a ban when I was just 18. It seemed that I only had to go 31mph and there would a copper to book me.

I know exactly how you feel. :thumbsdow

So i Had to give up my driving job....

I don't understand , do you mean you were caught by the police and are waiting to go to court , if so then why did you throw the job away :confused:

I was caught doing 34mph in a 30 speed limit and this was just past the 30 speed limit sign.

As I was being booked a bike roared passed doing about 60 which the police totally ignored!

Some days stuff just happens.

:cool:

Tbh the job was taken on to suit circumstances which didnt really exist anymore.....it didnt pay much more than pocket money,a third of which was spent getting to and from.
And glasgow city centre is full of police/traffic wardens
All trying to get they're daily quota

It's the first time i've left a job with nothing else arranged

What were your current 9 points for?

twoeyedbob said:
Tbh the job was taken on to suit circumstances which didnt really exist anymore.....it didnt pay much more than pocket money,a third of which was spent getting to and from.
And glasgow city centre is full of police/traffic wardens
All trying to get they're daily quota

It's the first time i've left a job with nothing else arranged

Sorry, but if you we're doing 43 in Glasgow city centre, you deserved to be stopped. The roads are in a hell of a state, and really busy - to be that much over the limit is just mental.

I've been done for speeding, but not in town. Not sure that the "someone else was doing the same" is a great excuse...

It's an unfortunate situation but surely avoidable by doing the correct speed limits?

You could be facing a lifetime's guilt for killing someone instead of losing your holiday.

At 33mph, you would have my sympathy. We all speed to some extent, but I'm wondering if perhaps you subconsciously wanted this to happen if you didn't like your job.

Sometimes life can only get better, so hope it does for you and you can move on.

I feel sorry for the situation you find yourself in, but unfortunately there is no one else to blame but yourself for these new points, and maybe the other 9.

I have 3 myself and totally except that it was me that was breaking the law, I knew the speed limit but I still broke it and got caught, tuff luck! Admittedly I wasn't driving around a town centre at 13mph over the limit, not that it makes a great deal of difference as the law is the law, you break it at your own risk.

But one thing I know is once I got my 3 points my driving changed for the better to avoid any more. I, like most can't afford to lose my license because that would find me out of work. I'd rather be late somewhere then have no license!

Like I say not having a big, or kicking someone when there down, but regardless of the other issues you may or may not have, you broke the law (possibly 4 times) and got caught, sadly that's no one else's fault.

I got banned on totting up under the new driver thing they introduced back in the early 90's.

Passing your driving test twice in the same year helps you become much more aware of speed limit signs and Traffic cars. :blush:

Sorry to hear about your bad patch OP, but caught doing 43 in a 30 when you're already on 9 points doesn't really count as 'bad luck'..

Take it as a lesson learned before you hurt someone, possibly yourself.
Also it sounds like it has been time to move on for quite a while, consider it an opportunity.
I took a chance last year and am definitely better off. The new job has it's problems but it was a good move.
I hope you find what you want.

Sorry, but if you we're doing 43 in Glasgow city centre, you deserved to be stopped. The roads are in a hell of a state, and really busy - to be that much over the limit is just mental.

I've been done for speeding, but not in town. Not sure that the "someone else was doing the same" is a great excuse...

Didnt get the 3 point's in the city...got them in a rural location
No pedestrians,shops schools etc
Anyway,i realise i'm driving therefore i'm to blame....
Doesnt mean i aint been a touch unlucky.
I was the 3rd car in 4 ,we had all been doin the same speed roughly 100m apart for a good few miles...but i'm the one that got the gun

Always seems that bad thing's happen on top of other bad things.....
Was worrying about stuff which possibly explains the lack of concentration...
A touch of the brake pedal would have got me below 40 which would probably have sufficed

Always seems that bad thing's happen on top of other bad things.....
Was worrying about stuff which possibly explains the lack of concentration...
A touch of the brake pedal would have got me below 40 which would probably have sufficed

Seems like you are disappointed to not have got away with speeding. You haven't learned your lesson at all. I'm afraid you have lost any sympathy I may have had for you.

Seems like you are disappointed to not have got away with speeding. You haven't learned your lesson at all. I'm afraid you have lost any sympathy I may have had for you.

I've driven the same road now for 20yrs....
This morning, the whole line of traffic was doing 42..incl school buses and artics....
Wedensday it just happened that an unmarked traffic car was out revenue raising...and i was'nt paying enough attention
Bugger all to do with safety and all to do with easy targets

This morning, the whole line of traffic was doing 42..incl school buses and artics....
Wedensday it just happened that an unmarked traffic car was out revenue raising...and i was'nt paying enough attention

Just because everybody else does it, doesn't mean its ok. :rolleyes:

Just because everybody else does it, doesn't mean its ok. :rolleyes:

Some might argue that this forms the basis of jury nullification. If the majority don't agree with a law, it can't be upheld even if technically, a crime was committed.

Couple of things;

Self pity is one of the worst traits try and wean yourself off that.

You have no one to blame but yourself ; penalty points and bans are handed out for a reason. Learn and adapt otherwise natural selection will chew your butt off.

How do you know they were going 42mph?

We're you in that line also following them at 42mph? If so any sympathy has long gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom