Totem

G

greenjon

Just wondered if anyone was lucky enough to own any of these speakers and if so what do they think of them, i myself have a pair of dreamcatchers and a dreamcatcher centre.

I heard my first Totems last weekend and was very impressed. I don't know the model numbers but the £1,600 per pair ones were very impressive indeed. I also listened to a £400 pair and thought that they were good until they were swapped for the expensive ones and I realised what you got for a quadrupling of the price.

If the pair you listened at £1600 to were bookshelfs they were Model 1 speakers and their superb, the ones at £400 are the ones that i have and they are good but no comparison to the Model 1 speakers ask Gambit hes in love with them!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CD8 is fine thanks, might have to keep it :D

Yes Ian, the 1600'ers were the model one's, my speaker Nirvana (in the non silly money category) and worth every penny I think. Paired right they can work wonders. The smaller one's you heard will be the Mites, which can be got for 450 in black or while but about 525 in in mahogany. Great little monitors.

Hello,

Good to see some interest in these speakers, I feel they are seriously under rated here in the UK. I reviewed a pair of these speakers not too long ago, the Hawk's, and I was very impressed with them. Their engineering is absolutely first rate and they have carefully tuned the very compact enclosure to deliver incredible bass for such a slim, discreet enclosure.

What really blew me away was not just the size of the soundstage these speakers deliver, nor their ability to melt into the music leaving no trace as to their location, but the ability of these speakers to work so well almost anywhere in room, giving great placement flexibility. In my listening room most speakers only have an area about a foot square where they work, and an area within an inch or two where they work optimally. The Hawk's gave 90% of their preformance anywhere from 1ft from the wall to 4ft into the room, and delivered lateral wall to wall imaging anywhere fron 4ft apart to 7ft. Easy to drive, fairly efficient and capable of deceptive sound pressur levels in room, these speakers really seduced me. I was planning on purchasing them but unfortunately some extensive work on my home (which inevitably ran over budget) has pretty much put a stop to pursuing this.

If anyone has any questions on these speakers please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

Dave

*revives old thread*

I'm going to demo the model 1 this weekend but one thing that is bugging me is the price. I had a look on the web and was planning to demo the Forest and the model 1. When I asked about the Forest they said they price was £2,500, in Canada they are $3500, that's £1,450!!!

I'm hoping I like the Spendor S8 more as I don't think I could let myself get ripped off so badly.

How much is a cheap day return to Canada

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom