Total ruin $$$

E

etotore

Hi All

I'm now on the edge.
To waste a loot of money $$$ for me.
Planing to order a SDI card to my Pioneer DV-646.

The H3G card as input for the SDI signals and my S-Video.

Graphic card to my HTPC thinking about Gforce TI4600, ATI 9700 or Matrox Parhelia-512. Have any one compared these.
With some filter mod on the output stage.

I'm also thinking to order the new SB card with 6.1 support?

Planning to run this ruin on a high resolution 2XXX*1XXX with 75Hz frame rate. Feeding a Barco 1208s.

I'm only 1 week from making the orders so please tell me not to do it. :D

Thanks in advance for any replies.
<because there is always a better idea out there.....>

BR
Tormod
as soon to be HT alcoholic
:D

Hi Tormod,

Of the video cards, only the 9700 is any good for HTPC use. The matrox doesn't do custom resolutions and the Geforce only has 8bit DACs & overlay and most importantly no overlay gamma adjustment. Even the 9700 is slightly risky being a totally new card.

If you are using an external player then sound cards are not needed. The less you install the better the HTPC is likely to work.

You should NOT feed your 1208 2xxx*1xxx, it can't handle it. 1024x768 or 1280x720 would be far more appropriate. 75 Hz is fine for film based PAL material.

Jeff

Hi jeff

Is the info that I find here wrong.
http://www.snaggs.com/projector/barco/bg_1208s_brochure.zip
It's stating that upto 2500*2000. pixels.

Where did you find the other info, what is the correct one?

The info on 9700 I will follow up, but it is not easy to find i stock these days.

I'm running external audio today, but I was wondering an upgrade from 5.1 to 6.1 audio thats why internal was promising.
Cheaper than a new external audio prossesor.

But I think I will do a step by step upgrade there.

Kind Regards

Tormod
Trying hard to learn, but my head h....

The projectors electrics may well be able to do 2500x2000, but the tubes definately can't resolve that high a resolution, the picture will be all soft and unappealing. For R1 DVDs I run my 1209s 9" Barco at 720x960, looks great.

Hi Jeff

So it's only to wait and see.
What will make the best picture.
Thats it :rolleyes:
Are you running on higher than 75Hz???

BR
Tormod
Pixel to perfection is hard, do you have any to give away ...

Originally posted by Couch Potato

Are you sure ;)

Steve

Well its experimental at the moment, I like. The mighty Kryton has been limited to doing line quadruling :D

For refresh rates I use 72Hz for NTSC R1 DVDs, 50Hz for PAL video (SKY) and will probably use 75Hz for the few R2 DVDs that I have.

Hi

Have some of you experience in how much the filter mod is improving the overall image.

I'm trying the best I can to find the best result from day 1.

BR
Tormod

I believe the 9700 is a good choice with the H3D, i think it maintains a 10 bit data stream as opposed to the older radeons which were 8.

Ad

"I believe the 9700 is a good choice with the H3D, i think it maintains a 10 bit data stream as opposed to the older radeons which were 8. "

I agree with you. Regarding 9700 I think now that this is the best card for this usage.
The only thing ATI is really bad on drivers.

But I have heard that the filter that is located on the output of most graphic cards is of bad quality.
Saving money issue from the card manufacture point of view.
Who will notice anyway on a 19" inch monitor playing games?
Sorry that is my impression. :(
But have anyone tried on the 9700 series card and how bad is it.?????

BR
Tormod
Seeking the truth

Actually the filters on ATI (and Matrox) cards are quite good. The 8500 has excellent filters. I would not pay an extra $350 to have a card modded.

The other thing to be said for ATI cards is that the H3D that you are interested in, is in main working with ATI cards. I'll try and get you the addy for someone using this combo and they can give you a proper answer.

Ad

etotore:

pm at you! I have 3 people all telling me the combination works well for them using XP and catalyst 2.3 drivers.

hope that helps!

Ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom