1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

total noob what do i need and how to do

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jules19, May 9, 2005.

1. jules19

jules19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    very informative forum, i have optd for a few products based upon the reviews i have read here:

toshiba 36zp48p
    denon dht500sd

i also have two other bits of kit i want to hook up to those two:

philips dvdr80
    ntl cable box

also getting an aei digisender x4 to enable channel surfing whilst in bed.

my ultimate aim is to have all the sound running through the denon- is this possible??? i know the tosh comes with 5 speakers but i wasnt going to use them.

so what interconnects would i need between all units

many thanks

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Iirc the Tosh has RGB SCART x 2 as well as Component input? If so, you could hook the Denon via component, the NTL DigiBox into one of the RGB SCARTS and the Philips DVDR80 into the 2nd RGB SCART?

If you want sound to be output via the Denon from NTL you can connect two phono leads from the back of the DigiBox straight into the analogue inputs (Video1 or Video2) on the Denon.

ALI

3. jules19

jules19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply!! as said i am totally new to all of this- so the hep is greatly appreciated. the situation is the tele is ridiculously heavy and fits quite snug into a corner recess, so wanted to get everything spot on 1st time around- to avoid any futher herniation of disks.

once again thanks for your input (pardon the pun)