• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Total Newbie Home Theatre Installation

giza

Standard Member
Hi,

I am planning to install a 42" Plasma with Sky + and also either PS2 with some sort of speaker set up or a home theatre system.

Could somebody advise me on what wires i will need to install in the wall to make the project look good. I don't want any wires showing.

this is all going on a wall in the new extension and have already had sky put the cables into the wall. Also had the electrical sockets put in.

I think i have made a boo boo with not putting any scart or speaker cables in the wall. Will i have to make a channel in the wall on the freshly plastered wall?

The idea is to have the TV wall mounted and the boxes below on new TV furniture.

i am thinking i need 2 scart cables and the one that connects home theatre to the TV. Are there any others i need? Would anyone recommend the wireless scart senders to save me chipping out the wall?

The plasterers are due back too

Any help would be grateful.

lochie

Established Member
Hi :hiya:

You may want to think about furtue - I am not expert but I think you should run HDMI and possible Component. I also have Freeview on TV so ran some Audio out from the TV to the amp. Of course in this case there is also the normal airial.

For speakers to hide the wires ,I think you will need to dig out the plaster. For the TV cables if the kit is below the TV I have seen some interesting and elegant conduates on this forum.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom