Question Total Drone Newcomer seeking recomendations

vonner

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

For the past few years I've been building up a photographic record of the route of a long abandoned railway (if you're interested, the Charnwood Forest Line in Leicestershire). There's one specific section of it that is on private land, and I've been trying to get access for some time but to no avail. I've not been refused, but I've been finding it almost impossible to contact the owners. One avenue I'm considering is running a drone along it and getting a record that way, but I'm totally new to the world of the camera drone and wouldn't have a clue of what specifications I'd need, what model would be suitable, and how much it'd cost!

What I do know however is how long the section I would want to film is, which I'm guessing would have a bearing on flight time and radio distance. The line in question starts off heading West, then curves off to end up heading approximately SSW. Although the total length of the line is 1.24km (and therefore how long a drone would have to travel) direct line of sight is a maximum of 1.15km (for radio r/t.

So there we go. That's what I'm considering. Can anyone advise me what would be suitable?

Cheers
Dave

Yes , a drone would be ideal to follow the route , maybe a FPV setup too so you know if your off track. I use Google maps alot as you can measure the distances from one point to the next. As far as drones go , you have a huge choice of types and prices .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom