Quantcast

Total blackout

D

DigiTALGuy

I've been looking through a lot of examples of a home cinema rooms, and have not seen a total blackout room.

My plan is to make my cinema totally black (apart from the screen), so the floors, ceiling, walls and furniture will be black.

I was just wondering if there were any negative points to doing this seen as though people tend to prefer reds and other darker colours?

Thanks

mattym

Banned
from an acoustic product point of view its difficult as the products would have to be fabric wrapped in black as black foam in suitable thicknesses costs and arm and a leg to produce....the cost there fore becomes prohibitive unless you use a fabric wall system

ReggieDaMole

Standard Member
fabric, black foam ??? I think he just meant to paint the wall black and have blcak carpet and sofa ....

inzaman

DigiTALGuy, I cannot forsee any problems with going total black on everything. Mr Bump has gone pretty much black with the exception of a red carpet, which looks neat, see here

mattym

Banned
ReggieDaMole said:
fabric, black foam ??? I think he just meant to paint the wall black and have blcak carpet and sofa ....
as i said, from an acoustic point of view! :D

Mad Mr H

Novice Member
Total black,

nice idea,

that means you will be fitting a CRT projector instead of one of those GREY black digital units then. ;)

You might find that all black give you some small issues of disorientation - most people require a referance point of some sort,