1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toslink to Toslink digital out cable qualities?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by markyb555, May 14, 2005.

1. markyb555

markyb555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi im very new to this sorta think in terms of 5.1 sound, dvd and amps so please bare with me. ive searched a couple a pages full of the the word Toslink but nothing linking what i wanted to know. Is there any real difference in quality with these leads? i have bought the lastest what hifi ultimate guide and to be perfectly honest, nothing is mentioned in there :confused:

i bought a sony amp 5.1 speaker and active sub set up (HT-SL55) and dvd player (dvp-sn52p) (thats on the unit but cant find any info anywhere?) from the a sony centre in preston, while i was there i basically bought a vivanco sitt1101 optical cable as it was the easiest to get the unit up and running, but coming home thought id should have waited and looked into it alittle more... any help/thoughts/input would be greatly apreciated to a new customer to this sorta thing.. while i was there, also bought a 23" sony KLV-L23M1 :D which is bedding in nicely as we speak..