• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toslink query

tim1964

Standard Member
Hi,

I bought an digital optical (toslink) cable to connect my Sky+ to my new Philips HTS5700R DVDR home cinema BUT although the connector fits into the Sky+ box, it does seem a bit loose, the other end if too bid to fit into the Philips unit. I take it that Toslink cable connections are not 'standard'?????

Can anyone suggest a cable that has a smaller connector at the 'other end'?

Thanks,

mncollyer

Standard Member
I had the same problem earlier this week the small cover on the sky+ optical out should not be removed but pushed in to help hold the cable, if not try a bit of blutack.

Mark

tim1964

Standard Member
Looking at the toslink cables on ebay, I spotted that the ends looked different. I then noticed that the whitish opaque ends were in fact dust covers :oops: With these pulled out the cable fit fine at both ends, :smashin:

ush flynn

Prominent Member
:suicide: :rtfm: :rotfl: Thats funny mate! Its weird that optical has been around years. It sorta almost became popular with minidisc but still not many people use it!

tom121

Standard Member
tim1964 said:
Looking at the toslink cables on ebay, I spotted that the ends looked different. I then noticed that the whitish opaque ends were in fact dust covers :oops: With these pulled out the cable fit fine at both ends, :smashin:

haha nice :rotfl:.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom