Toshiba210 - review says noisy drive?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MikeD, Jul 1, 2001.

1. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got mine a week ago but cant say that I find the drive noisy, make no mistake this player is very very good for the price (£200). It was the review in What Video and TV that swung it for me just as I was starting to think Skyworth, I'm definitely not dissapointed that I went this way.

MikeD

2. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I've had my 210 for about two weeks now. Yes the drive is a little noisy, ie you can here the disc spinning when I put a disc in, although I have my player in a cupboard so can't hear it at all when watching any film :)

If it was out under your nose then yes I suppose it may be a little distracting, but stuck under the TV with the speakers blasting, then I doubt you would here it :)

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This months, whatvideotv has reviewed the tosh210 and gives it a superb review the only down point it says is that it has a noisy drive??

Those who have one how bad is this?. What is whatvideotv refering to exactly?

TIA

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only notice any noise when it spins up when you first put the disk in.

Don't notice any noise from it when it's playing though - even when volume quite low.

I made the final decision from that review too and was a little put off by the noise comment but it really isn't a problem - maybe their test machine was a bit dodgy!

Cheers
    OG

5. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I can't find What Video & TV where I live. Can you tell me the gist of the review? (without infringing copyright, that is ;) )

More specifically, how does the SD-210 work as a CD-player? If it does well, I may quit on the Panasonic and go for the Tosh.

Also, does it have RGB output on SCART?

Cheers.

[ 02-07-2001: Message edited by: Grubert ]

6. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Music CDs sound good.
    Yes, it has RGB via scart.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a tosh 110e last week,the drive is completely
    silent and the picture/coax bitstream sound quality
    are excellent.It is also embarrasing my expensive cd player
    into a dark corner.
    ;)

8. ThunderSUB

ThunderSUB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am from Portugal and I ordered a Multi-region SD-210E from Techtronics (Great service, took 4 working days to receive it, Multi-Region works flawlessly, didn't test it with RCE yet). I have it for just 2 days.

I also have a Sony DVP-S7700 R2 DVD player.

The Tosh is a very good dvd player for the price. It's almost as good as the Sony in the picture department in S-Video (haven't tested it yet in RGB) but not as good as a CD Player. It's noisier than the Sony, you can hear the disc spin if you are near enough, but it's not distracting.

I haven't tested it with a MP3 CDR. MP3 isn't mentioned anywhere in the player, not even in the owner's manual ! Isn't this strange ?

Great value !