1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba ZT29 Problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by s-p, Jun 29, 2004.

1. s-p

s-p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Evening All,

Right, I've had the Toshiba ZT29 for about 5 months now, in which time it has been absolutely perfect for my needs. However, all of a sudden, the inbuilt digital tuner has stopped working. Under the digital option, nothing is available to use. There's no picture, no sound and the digital specific menus don't appear.

On top of that, for all other sources, the television just seems to cut off for a couple of seconds every 5 minutes or so. It doesn't switch or, nor goes to standby, but all processing seems to just stop. For analogue television, the image and sound goes, where as DVDs simply lose the image. The speakers use the inbuilt decoder so this part of the television obviously operates correctly.

I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong, so is there anything you guys could suggest? I'd like to test every possible fix before having to take time off work waiting in for engineers to come visit. :p

2. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    s-p. My Strata has developed exactly the same fault. How did you resolve it? I called in an engineer from Comet who said my fault was down to a poor signal and refused to do anything.

Would be grateful to hear from you.

3. Nigel Fisher

Nigel Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S-P,
    I had exactly the same problem with my 28ZT29 after 14 months.

The fault apparently lay in the 'text board' which was then replaced. This cured the problem although a similar problem then started occurring about 5 months later.

I got it repaired elsewhere this time and the problem was diagnosed as a dry joint on the non-volatile RAM on the text board. This was fixed and it has been ok since (about 6 weeks so far).

Hope this helps.