Toshiba ZF575 will not be released in UK and no longer in production

L-double-E-D-S

Standard Member
Hey guys.

I know a lot of people here including me are a big fan of the Toshiba XF and ZF Picture frame series TV sets but unfortunately i have some really bad news. According to Toshiba, the ZF575 series will not be released in the UK and will no longer be in production. Because of the number of issues especially associated with the 46" sizes of the Picture frame sets, the upgrade to the ZF355 has been pulled from the shelves in Japan.

I telephoned Toshiba directly last week to speak to someone with regards to the availability of the new ZF575 sets which were to be the direct successor to the ZF355 range. When i got hold of a Toshiba representative, the person informed me with the bad news. He told me that there were too many faults with these sets and were a liability to produce because of the issues relating to the panels. I was also told that designing these particular sets with the distinct picture frame design was just too expensive to mass produce. The problems with the new ZF575 were so bad, that they have been pulled from shelves in Japan and production of the ZF575 has been discontinued based on these reasons.

I don't know about you guys but I am utterly devastated :(. I really did love the design of these sets. If the ZF575 did get released i would have bought one in a heartbeat. They were streets ahead of the styling compared to most TV's available today currently offer. I guess the Toshiba was ahead of its time. I won't be surprised if the thin picture frame design takes off in the near future amongst other TV manufacturers.

I'm going to try my luck and see if i can still get a hold of the 40ZF355 but i have just found out the John Lewis online are out of stock! I would have preferred to purchase the set from there to be honest with the 5 year guarantee and reputable status of providing great customer service.

Suave

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Well, you can start praying really hard and hope that JVC deliver something decent soon!

Suave!

satissounds

Novice Member
Real shame. My 40ZF355DB is beautiful. I love the design and other TV's just don't cut it for me apart from the new Philips Essence Picture Frame TV but is £2000. Hopefully i will get a few years out of the 40ZF.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom