Toshiba ZF355D or Samsung LE40A656ALCD - best display for PC?

jesped

Standard Member
I'm looking to replace my OKI 32HDA with a Full HD display and after reading a lot on the net I've narrowed my choice to 2 displays:

Samsung LE40A656A or Toshiba ZRegza 40 ZF355D.

The X3500 looks like a good choice but it is too expensive for me.

I'm using the LCD display as my primary pc monitor, at 1m distance (yep).

Which display do you recomend for this use?

From what I've read, I need to use a dvi-to-hdmi cable to get the full 1920x1080 resolution. Right now I'm using 1360x768 at 60Hz on my OKI 32HDA, Can I get 1920x1080 at 100Hz over dvi-to-hdmi with a clear 1:1 res display?

How's the 100Hz affect PC games in either display?

ChrisGgr

100Hz dont make difference to pc.Both are excellent for pc

jesped

Standard Member
Why 100Hz doesn't make difference on PC?

I read that using VGA the 100Hz option is disabled in some LCD's, but if it is connected thorugh dvi-to-hdmi shouldn't it be the same as connecting a PS3 or a bluray?

badbob

Banned
Are PC LCD monitors have 60-100hz upconversion? No that should tell you something. If the LCD supports native 100hz refresh input that will be far better. But they don't.

I use a Samsung 40" DVI-HDMI to #2 1080p LCD TV as secondary display on my HTPC. Also tried it from the gaming rig, looks great.

jesped

Standard Member
I am aware that these LCD displays can't do native 100Hz as dedicated PC monitors do. What I want to know is if the 100Hz will apply to PC movies and games as in PS3 or Bluray.

ChrisGgr

Ahh I dont think

jesped

Standard Member
Why not? shouldn't be the same as both use HDMI interface to connect to the display?

Did anybody really tried?

ChrisGgr

I think that the tv goes on pc mode and options are limited.An owner can confirm this though

jesped

Standard Member
It should be great if any owner can confirm this, but it seems there is no mucho people out there using this display with a pc. I'll try and post the results. :-D

webnoodle

Standard Member
Hi,
I have the exact same dilema. After lots of research i like both these TV's but want to use one with my PC. I like the thin bevel of the Toshiba but i prefer the price of the Samsung, as it's a few hundred punds cheaper! I saw the Samsung running Bluray in Comet and it looked amazing, but would like to know if one or the other is best for PC use.

Cheers :)

How's the 10bit affect for pc connection ( games and hd,dvd)

Ex; what is the difference between w4000 and d3550 for pc .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom