Toshiba Z36P38 and Sky+ picture quality

B

BMac

Installed this tv last week, and have been continually trying to get the best picture from Sky+. I've also tried the settings recommended elsewhere in this forum.

A lot of the broadcasts, mainly the live stuff e.g. news, are still grainy and slightly unnatural (skin textures and colours) in appearance, a problem I did not have with my old Sony 29". DVD picture quality is excellent though.

Should I upgrade from my £3 SCART cable to something a bit better? what else can I do? I'm seriously considering returning the tv.

Cheers

I'm coming to the conclusion that all this digital processing malarkey really does not lend itself well to Sky transmissions, or indeed anything with compression artefacts. I'm returning a PD30 this week and getting a refund; it had a number of problems but most relevant to you is that the Sky+ pictures were grainy and skin textures unnatural. The quality seemed to be at the whim of the set - once scene could look great, the next awful.

I would not expect that a new SCART cable will make much difference. Indeed, a better quality cable I tried made the problems you mention worse. Swtiching the Sky box between RGP and PAL helped (PAL was better).

I'm now going to be treating my old Toshiba 28" with the love and care it deserves. God forbid it goes wrong - or doesn't power up now. :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom