Toshiba Z series thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperda

Hey Guys,

Does this TV support Full RGB when you enable on ps3?

What PS3 settings you guys use?

Cheers

To answer your question first - my PS3 settings:-

Cross Color (colour) Reduction Filter ....ON
RGB Full Range(HDMI)........................FULL
YPb/Cb Pr/Gr Super-White(HDMI).........ON

One correction from an earlier post of mine -
the Warranty is £130 (not £140) for the 42Z

It's one of the things mentioned on my latest vblog 017:-
daveac vblog 017

Oh and well done to the thread - page 300!!!

Cheers, cooperda (daveac)

IceHappy

Hello!
Oh and also just invested in a Radeon HDMI video card to replace my 7600GS as VGA seems to max out at 720p and I want to see my 1080p mkv files properly!

HiYa phenom:hiya:

Welcome to the toshiba Z series thread:thumbsup:!

Glad to hear there is another HTPC user with one of the best Monitors around!!! Your Z IS worthy of a new Graphics Card for your HTPC! Is your 7.1 sound system a proper home sound system or are you using computer speakers with a 7.1 sound card?

BTW my bedroom 37Z is attached to a HTPC using a Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS with a DVI-HDMI not a VGA cable and receive excellent Blueray however the CPU is one of the first Dual Core and is not fast enough so in high action movies there is slipage. My TV Room 42Z is connected to a MSI / Zalman's NVidia 8800GT which is very nice. Far more pleasing to the eye but much of that is the extra power of the TV room HTPC 2 Dual Core Xeon chips. I tend to watch Blueray in the TV Room however 1080p mkv works well in the Bedroom....

ATB
IceHappy:cool:

Last edited:

sprsk

Standard Member
MANY :clap:..... MANY :clap: TNX :smashin: to all.

Just have finished after 3 days reading.

I have a 47z3030DG for more than 9 months and now im gonna try ur sugestions.

My tosh is connected via HDMi1 to my Laptop and im using kmp player for the movies that i download.
I had some serious problems with the black and color with tv's preset modes and i hope to get most of them fixed now in user mode.

Keep trying for the best .....

Last edited:

IceHappy

HiYa Sprsk:hiya:

Welcome to the Toshiba Z Series Thread:smashin:

Glad to read that you took the time to read our thread. We the lucky ones including yourself for owning one of the best Monitors in the UK.....;)

How do you have your laptop hooked up to the Z? Does your notebook have Blueray? What brand and model is it????

Have you found the XLS/PDF with users settings for the Z? It is a major help to arrive to a place in the settings where one can custom their own. Most important there is a place on that form for you to write down your own Service Menu Default Settings as there is no reset button to get back to your factory install settings...

Once again I hope you will keep us informed to any disappointments so that the thread posters can try and help you to have a pleasing results....

Enjoy The Z:rotfl:

ATB

pangio

Standard Member
Hey, Hey, sorry I was late in giving my impression from my new 57z3030DB. At the time I got the TV I had to travel out of thr country for some weeks so iam back!!
Actually I am now watching my first movie on the z57. The Red violin. so, first impression: fantastic. huge, nice colour nice sound (no adjustments yet) .
the installation was just nothing. I just put the z57 on the stand and it was ready. Getting the TV channels was incretible easy, there werte also options for countries and language (I would not believe that I could find Greek on the setuo, but Yes!!).
I check already full HD 1080 and it is real picture. I am now using a Toshiba HDMI DVD palyer and the DVD is only 570, but still ....its a huge and clear coulorfull picture.
I have not yet discover all adjustments and settings. I will work on the TV also tomorrow all day to attach a satellte reciever, a PC , a DVD writer and an HD Camera.
I will be in touch...
I am really happy that I eventually got THIS TV !!!
HiYa pangio:hiya:

I wish you luck in your delivery and hope that your new unit will be all that you want it to be as well as good as my two "Z"s are. It is bad luck IMHO that people have received bad units. Again IMHO it is not in the interest of companies to sell knowingly a defective or a refurb as new since the people who purchase Z's are expecting Toshibas quality and not a lower branded person expecting what they are getting which is usually reflected in the lower price they paid.... Hope I didn't step on any toes with that one..... Please let us know pangio, how you got on and what you think of your new investment!:smashin:

ATB

IceHappy

pangio

Standard Member
I got mine z57 some days ago.... I agree with you. Keep in touch ....do yoyu know how to upgrade the software ???

pan
Hello!

Well I just got my 57Z last week so I thought I would chip in my thoughts...

Firstly, this TV is BIG! But to my pleasant surprise standard def content does not look awful on it at all, infact after playing around with the settings the picture looks very smooth and free from artifacts, very impressed!

Not so impressed with my 360 which looks quite sub-par even at 1080p in comparison to my PS3, my Xbox is connected via component so I sense that this is the source of the disparity, however I am set on upgrading to an Elite now as the PS3 just looks so, SO much cleaner, crisper and "proper HD". This has not stopped me from cranking up the 7.1 and enjoying Gears of War II (which arrived on the same day as my TV incidentally). I guess I would not think the picture so poor if I didnt have the PS3 for comparison. :cool:

I guess I havent yet seen the best of this TV properly as I have no BluRays yet (HD-DVD's look nice though) and my SkyHD will be installed on the 13th of December :D

Anyone else with the 57" Z? Thoughts?

Oh and also just invested in a Radeon HDMI video card to replace my 7600GS as VGA seems to max out at 720p and I want to see my 1080p mkv files properly!

IceHappy

Hey, Hey, sorry I was late in giving my impression from my new 57z3030DB. At the time I got the TV I had to travel out of thr country for some weeks so iam back!!
Actually I am now watching my first movie on the z57. The Red violin. so, first impression: fantastic. huge, nice colour nice sound (no adjustments yet) .
the installation was just nothing. I just put the z57 on the stand and it was ready. Getting the TV channels was incretible easy, there werte also options for countries and language (I would not believe that I could find Greek on the setuo, but Yes!!).
I check already full HD 1080 and it is real picture. I am now using a Toshiba HDMI DVD palyer and the DVD is only 570, but still ....its a huge and clear coulorfull picture.
I have not yet discover all adjustments and settings. I will work on the TV also tomorrow all day to attach a satellte reciever, a PC , a DVD writer and an HD Camera.
I will be in touch...
I am really happy that I eventually got THIS TV !!!

HiYa Pan:hiya:

Very glad to hear that your Z arrived safely and indeed no factory bugs were included:eek::rotfl:!!!!

Enjoy and remember before you change any default service menu settings to write them down as there is no reset for those settings just you your pen and a piece of paper. Maybe my spreadsheet that have the headings already for you to enter your settings before changing them....

ATB

JanB

...Enjoy and remember before you change any default service menu settings to write them down as there is no reset for those settings just you your pen and a piece of paper....

Good advice, but first I think he should start with the adjustments in the user menus.
There are plenty colour adjustments in Base Colour menu (in combination with the basic picture menu) so perhaps he doesn't have to bother with service mode. (I didn't need to with my 37").

IceHappy

Good advice, but first I think he should start with the adjustments in the user menus.
There are plenty colour adjustments in Base Colour menu (in combination with the basic picture menu) so perhaps he doesn't have to bother with service mode. (I didn't need to with my 37").

HiYa JanB:hiya:

You are absolutely correct.... I wrote that advice because so many people in this thread went to change things and somehow got into the service menu settings and did not write down their factory set defaults. Then these people request someone to post theirs so that they could recover from a bad setting. My suggestion was purely to avoid that pitfall.... I did try to point Pan to my spreadsheet that has colour settings as well as service menu in the hopes that it would give Pan a place to start from rather than to spend as much time as some of our posters did adjusting. Remember Hoax constantly changing settings and then decided to twist one up to sit back and actually enjoy his purchase....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am still enjoying my two Z's. One of the best purchases I have made in the last two years.....

ATB

pangio

Standard Member
Hi !
thank. Yest I noticed that there is not a reset otion and thats why I am quite carefull for this time, playing with the screen. I have already incredible moments with this.....the full HD is unbelievable in this huge screen. Furthermore, if you choose the one of the preset view scales (cinema 1 and 2, live, etc), you have a perfect cinema feeling.

there is also a software upgade option, but there are no more info on how to do it. Do you have any idea?
pan

HiYa Pan:hiya:

Very glad to hear that your Z arrived safely and indeed no factory bugs were included:eek::rotfl:!!!!

Enjoy and remember before you change any default service menu settings to write them down as there is no reset for those settings just you your pen and a piece of paper. Maybe my spreadsheet that have the headings already for you to enter your settings before changing them....

ATB

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom