Toshiba xxWLT58 LCD Owners

ase001

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a few different threads referring to the 32WLT58 or 37WLT58 or 42WLT58 which appear to be the same beasts except for the screen size. So I though it useful to combine the knowledge of all owners and prospective owners of one these LCDs in one thread.

To start the thread off, does any one knows if the freeview tuner will output to a VCR via one of the SCARTS set as an output? I’ve read the spec and it does not make it clear except that SCART3 is configurable as an output.

That's interesting Luke, I noticed the same and posted a question about the contrast ratio of the 37WLT58 and 42WLT58 on a thread about the 42" but as yet nobody has replied to it.

I am no expert but I would have thought that if the contrast ratio is that low I cannot see how it could match the PQ of the offerings from other manufacturers??

Basically all I want to know is if this is the actual contrast ratio how does this compare with similar current models and in particular 3 that are on my shortlist which are the 37" JVC, the LG37LP1D and the latest EISA award winning Samsung 40" (which I don't think has reached the UK yet because I can't find it), I saw the current 40" Samsung on display in Harrods and it outshone every other TV in there apart from those costing over £5,000.

The 56 model had a contrast ration of 500:1 and seeing as this is basically the same model but with inbuilt freeview tuner and alot more connections, it will probably have the same. Interestingly one review of the 56 said the PQ was pretty good. The only thing letting it down was feeds via HDMI.

Which is why I am waiting for some reviews of the 58.

Thank you RobbythePat, perhaps the quoted contrast ratios are simply mistakes - I know this may sound stupid but if an LCD is available with a decent stand, such as the new Toshiba's, it will go to the top of my list as long as the PQ is on a par with other current similar priced models.

32WLT58
what i dont get is that if you look at the contrast ratio on the page 3 of the brochure it states 800:1 which is very good but at the bottom on page nine it states contrast ratio of 550:1 which is nowhere near as good as its opponents it could be a printing mistake but im still not sure :confused:
as 550:1 is stated on the technical section of the brochure which im sure should be right and would'nt be a printing mistake.

To the lucky winner of the race to own a **WLT58 series, I have a review request.

I would like feedback on each of the following :-

PC via VGA (Hopefully 1366x768 without overscan / 1:1 pixel mapped)
PC via DVI (HDMI adapter, again hopefully 1366x768 / 1:1 pixel mapped)
Component (interlaced / progressive)
HD Component (XBox / PS2 / Upscaling DVD Player)
HDMI (Upscaling DVD Player or HD Satelite)
DVI Video (HDMI adapter) with upscaling DVD Player or Other HD Video source
RGB Scart (Sky / DVD / etc)
Intergal Freeview Tuner

I appreciate you probably do not have all of this kit, but there is no harm in asking :lease: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom