1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba XS34 menu problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alan8477, Jul 28, 2005.

1. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    When I finalize a -RW disc, the menu that is produced is a black screen with no thumbnails. Anyone know what is going wrong?

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Let me explain this one a little more, it's causing me real frustration.

When I use the edit menu to make a DVD video disc, the Toshiba asks me to select title and chapter menu colours/style. They look quite attractive. The only problem is that when the disc copying process is complete, all I have is a menu screen that is black with a rectangle which represents the title highlighted. I can select the title and the film will play.

Why am I not getting the wizzo menu display and thumnail image of the title(s)?

I have used both Verbatim -RW and Ridisc -R. Both gave the same result.

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What happens if you leave the default values???

You should get some colour.

The reason your thumbnail may be back may be due to the position it takes the thumbnail. I always change it from the default to either the title or the opening scene.

There have been occasions where the background menus and thumbnail have been in B&W but not completly black. If you make disc after disc it remembers some of the settings.

You could try formating a -RW then doing a high speed dub to -RW. Go to the -RW and press the content menu button and you should get a simular coloured screen to when you have the HDD selected with just the one title and a thumbnail for that title. Just try it with a small programme that won't take long to copy.

You could try switching off and powering back up, make sure the machine is in standby before you do this!

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks JD. As it happens I had tried all of your suggestions, but knew I was doing things correctly as I had achieved success on my previous XS34 (the LED display failed and had to be returned).

So as a last gasp I did disconnect the power for 10 minutes. On repowering everything is now fine.

Big thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Alan

5. myjess

myjess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What happened the display. Is it a known fault?

6. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It was dead out of the box so I returned it. (Wasn't anything to do with the dimmer option). Apart from that it worked perfectly!