Toshiba XS32 program loss

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SGM26, May 6, 2005.

1. SGM26

SGM26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba XS32 program loss

I asked the question below about power loss and the XS32, and one member told me that this did not happen with his machine.

I called and e-mailed Toshiba and they said that this was normal. Since I am a Yank and bought the machine from WalMart online, I thought that that there may be some difference between the US and UK versions. However, everything else, with the obvious Multi region and connector issues, seems to be the same.

Does anyone have any ideas?

"Toshiba XS32 program loss

I had a power loss this evening, and my tosh did not respond as I had hoped it would. When the power returned, after over 1 hour, the display was flashing and all of the advanced recording programs were lost. While one might expect this, my Panny VCR had reset the time and the programs were still there. I would expect more from the Tosh. I could attach an UPS but I was wondering if there was some setting that I had overlooked. I had the time set to auto, and expected that the record programming was on the hard drive.”

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

I've had my power die a couple of times and all I lost was the program I was in the middle of recording.
    These were however very short outages (< second) so I'm not sure what would happen if it didn;t have power for more than an hour..