1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba XS32 problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dazzer123, Aug 30, 2004.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi having a couple of problems with my tosh the first is that when playing a few pressed discs brand new out of the case the discs seem to stutter and my daughter gets very annoyed when trying to watch her fimbles and noddy dvds.

Problem two and very annoying is when I use component out with or without progressive I am getting horizontal bars scrolling vertically up the screen they are not as noticeable if you turn down the contrast but when you get a bright scene there they are scrolling up the screen if I change to scart and rgb out the problem disappears.

I have tried moving my Ixos component cables to make sure they are not near any electrical sources but to no avail I previously had a Toshiba DR1 which did not exhibit this problem I bought the unit from Multizone DVD multiregion and it is running on a Toshiba 42WP16 any ideas much appreciated.

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like you have a faulty unit to me, I would get a replacement.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes ill call Multizone DVD tomorrow just hope they will be stand up about it when dealing with online retailers (some not all) I generally get the no fault found and now pay £25 and delivery back if I call Toshiba and have them repair I am concerned I will lose my multi region capability.

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it is within 28 days of purchase you are entitled to a new machine

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can not believe I said I purchased the machine from PRC I have now edited my posts as I actually purchased the unit from Multizione DVD and yes it does say something about an exchange within 28 days on their site.

This morning I removed the unit from my cabinet and tried testing it away from any other components as much as possible but the problem was still there, I intend to get hold of another component player to confirm that it is not a problem with my screen but I always seem to have problems where a retailer will say no fault found and try to charge me a fee for there time, and then we normally end up arguing for weeks until they admit there is a fault and replace it.

I really feel that in a lot of cases these companies are so busy they don’t have sufficient time to investigate a problem with sufficient depth plug a product in say that looks alright and hey presto no fault found and my misery begins.

Just the other week I returned a failed hard disk for testing next day I was told no fault found after running various tests, then I asked if they had ran the diagnostic tool from the manufacture they said no when they did guess what faulty hard disk replaced but no apologies for my inconvenience, sorry for the rant
    But I always seem to end up in this position and don’t relish the thought of going through it all again ill cross my fingers and hope for the best.