Toshiba XS32 dubbing questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rebecca, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem understanding the concept of dubbing with DVD-R.
    In the Toshiba manual, I have found two different copy processes:

1) High-speed or Rate-conversion dubbing: I understand you can copy edited titles from HDD to DVD-R with this.
    2) Creating a DVD-Video using a DVD-R: Also copying from HDD to DVD-R.

What's the difference then? Does it mean that with 1) you cannot create compatible DVD-Video?
    If so, which is the best process? Should I....
    i) High-speed dubbing from HDD to HDD to convert a playlist into a title.
    ii) Then, copy this title to DVD with the "Creating a DVD-Video..." process.

Am I missing something important??
    Kisses.
    Rebecca. ;)

2. grumpy42

grumpy42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By this, I assume you are referring to the "DVD-Video Create" option in the edit menu.

High speed dubbing and "DVD-Video Create" do exactly the same thing (High speed dub to the DVD), but the "DVD-Video Create" option allows you to select multiple titles to dub (as opposed to selecting "High speed dub" from the quick menu which only dubs the currently selected title)

You can create a compatible DVD-Videos with either process (since they do the same thing). I have HS dubbed playlists without a problem (no HDD copy required) and the resulting DVDs have played without a problem on other players (old panasonic player, PS2).

3. Rebecca

Rebecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right, you can only dub one title from the Quick Menu.
    However, in the EDIT menu, there are two options:
    1) "Dub Selected Items": You can choose several titles and copy them to DVD.
    2) "DVD-Video Creation": It does the same thing!!!

Which is the different between both? I thought 1) copied in VR-mode and 2) copied in Video-mode, but I am probably wrong...
    Apart from the fact that 2) let you configure how DVD menus should look like (colors and so on), I cannot see any difference.
    Could anyone clarify this?

Kisses.
    Rebecca. ;)

4. grumpy42

grumpy42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I understand

The difference between 1) and 2) is that 2) will automatically finalize the disk after dubbing. 1) just dubs the selected content, but you will have to manually finalize it before you can play the DVD in other equipment.

5. OARDVD

OARDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Option 2) copies video and then automatically finalises a DVD-R/-RW disc, turning it into a "DVD-Video" disc (which means it will play on DVD players). Once finalised you cannot add any more to the disc. With option 1) the disc remains unfinalised so you can add more content afterwards (if space allows).