1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba XS32 CVD-R compatability

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuseeme, Nov 15, 2004.

1. cuseeme

cuseeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this has been touched on before but I was wondering if there has been any update. DVD-Rs created on my Toshiba won't play on any of my other 3 DVD players of various brands/vintages. Two simply refuse the disk, the other plays but stutters/stops all over the place. The disks play fine on the Toshiba and fine on my laptop. I don't think it's the media as I use the same blanks to record DVDs on my PC and they all play fine everywhere. It looks there is something in the finer details of the disk layout that the Toshiba creates that upsets some players. ISTR some mention of the lack of AUDIO_TS folder but that wouldn't account for the stuttering on the one player than even tries to play the disk.

2. JFBUK

JFBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you are finialising the disks so it might be your choice of media ? What are you using ?

3. cuseeme

cuseeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They're all finalised. Media varies between Datasafe 4X (white with silver stripe across middle) and Datawrite grey 8X. Both work 100% every time in my 2 PC based DVD burners so I'm pretty sure the media isn't the issue.