1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba XS32 Copying Programmes To DVD-R AAAAAAAh

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jerrysimon, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Help :mad:

It's been a while since I burnt any DVDs as I find the HDD big enough and never need to take anything off it.

Anyway I wanted to copy a film I had taped for a friend.

I chopped off the beginning and end bits so just the main film was on and using 4.6 rate mode 1 attempted to create a DVD-R. I used the GOP setting for creating chapters and then deleted the unwanted bits. The original recording is in rate 4.6 mode 1.

Everything goes fine creates disk, finalises it and ask if I want another and then tried to load it but it won't work!!

If I take it out and put it back in it says it's a blank disk!!

I have tried three different brands and x2 x4 & x8 burn speed disks. I have also played some disks (same brand) I burnt a month ago or so and they play fine.

It's like it's just doing a test burn not a real one. The setting is set to burn not test ?

Checked it on my PC and won't play there eithier. Properties say it has zero space and zero used and double clicking opens up an empty window no files. The disk looks different to a blank one in that it has a lighter burn shade like it actually has something on it.

aaah help ? Any advice would be great :hiya:

Regards

Jerry

2. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    bump.

I did some searching here on the forum and the only possible cause I can find may be that it that the drive needs cleaning ?

I guess the drive could have a fault ?

I searched the whole manual and cannot find a possible cause. I assume mode 1 or mode 2 does not matter as long as it is not set to noe/off ?

Regards

Jerry

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    You are correct that mode I or Mode II doesn't matter. In fact at a rate of 4.6 it doesn't matter if it is on or off.

It sounds like a failure with the burner... I can't see anything you are doing wrong, and if it is failing on several different types of disc, some of which at least worked before....

Mark

4. Jerrysimon

Jerrysimon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks Mark,

I can't believe it I thought I would peep through the DVD drive flap and see if I could see the laser thingy (note the lack of techy knowledge lol).

I blew on it in case there was any dust, put another DRV-R in and tried it again. This time it worked :clap:

That's over five coasters due to a partical of dust.

Strange that it played precorded disks and disk I had burnt a month or two ago fine :confused:

Regards

Jerry

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Glad you got it sorted!
    I don't know the hardware details, but reading a disc is different from burning... so it could be possible for dust (or whatever) to stop it burning correctly, while it still could read...

Mark