1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba XGA resolution projectors?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by samwiley, May 10, 2001.

1. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (The first part of this post is copied from my previous one - it's not deja vu!)

I think my problem is that the projector that I want for a price that I can afford (<£2500) isn't made yet!!

I've demo'd three machines so far - Tosh MT1, a Davis and the InFocus340.

I prefered the slightly softer 'filmic' look of the DLP machines. The LCD Tosh seemed a little harsh (to my untrained eyes) and I could see the pixel structure at a distance far enough away from the screen to give me concern (on a 6' screen).

This leads me to think that a DLP is for me, but I know that there's no way I could live with the rainbow artefacts (not just me, as I want to enjoy my home cinema with my friends too and I wouldn't want them to have to put up with it even if I can't see it :)!!)

So maybe the answer is to fork out on a higher resolution XGA LCD machine.

I know that the Toshiba MT1 has had great reviews, so I was wondering if anyone has comments on the Tosh TLP B2 (XGA res. machine)?

2. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sam

you may want to hang on for a week. Davis are releasing 3 new models with high speed colour wheels which they claim to have solved the rainbow problem.

The projectors are very bright (1200 lumens), XGA, very quite fans and no light leakage from the casework. The top model also support DVI and component inputs.

Price is to be announced.