• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba X3030 HDMI Switching Problem - Denon 3806

HSC

Hi All - Some help please (I've searched the forums but nothing came up)

I just bought a Toshiba 37X3030D and I'm getting a confusing problem. The HDMI inputs will both accept a direct feed from my SkyHD box without any issues.

However, when I feed the TV switched HDMI content from my Denon 3806 amp (SkyHD and Xbox360 via HDMI or HDMI converted-component) I either get no picture or a purple picture (just SkyHD) with no sound.

The TV is replacing a Toshiba 32WL56 which was setup exactly the same way and never had any issues with its HDMI input and the feed from the Amp.

I don’t think it's a cable issue as I have tried multiple cables.
I don't think it's an issue with the Denon as it worked fine with the 32WL56 (and still works fine Sony HS50 projector).
I've checked all the setting on the amp and it looks fine.

I also plugged in the Toshiba 42X3030 from the family room and got exactly the same problem...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on...? It's driving me nuts…

Please advise
Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom