Toshiba WLT58 - Sound Settings ?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've had a thread about the Picture settings on our Toshiba's.

but nothing really about the sound settings.

I've been quite boring and left mine pretty much where they came, Treble and Bass both at zero.

As we don't really have any way to calibrate such things (unlike video) I was wondering if others (who know more about this than I do) have found any settings they can recommend gets the best audio from the Sets.

I have the 37" by the way.

I think sound options are a matter of taste, we all have individual ways of hearing things. Some like bass heavy audio and others like sound on the bright side. I think its best to get the bass not to boomy, I have bass at around the plus 2 mark and the treble at plus 3. Only your ears can tell you if its right, if your happy with the sound now leave it as it is.

sbowler said:
I think sound options are a matter of taste, we all have individual ways of hearing things. Some like bass heavy audio and others like sound on the bright side. I think its best to get the bass not to boomy, I have bass at around the plus 2 mark and the treble at plus 3. Only your ears can tell you if its right, if your happy with the sound now leave it as it is.

Indeed, and I guess you are right.

However, the same can also be said about video settings.
some may like Way over bright images, colours too strong, or such like.
But we are never short of (so called) experts saying how wrong such things are :)

I remember hearing a LONG time ago about how bad BASS and TREBLE settings were on Audio amps, and indeed the better amps never has such controls as they were only deemed (by so called experts) as bad controls which just coloured the sound.
It should be left alone, which I guess is why I personally tend to leave bass/treble at zero on things I buy.

I guess it's very difficult (impossible) to actually make an audio CD to calibrate speakers, like you have to calibrate video output.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom