Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba wl56 owner plz help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Akcron, Sep 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi , I am still waiting delivery of my 27wl56 Tosh..and was thinking of buying the HDMI Tosh 350E DVD Player ,,,in the manual on the Tosh site for the LCD it says the the HDMI input on the set accepts 1080 720 etc etc ,,but on reading the forum i had the impression that the HD input was thru the VGA socket..could anyone set me straight plz. and if i get this DVD to play thru the HDMI socket would it be a better picture than my Sony dvd recorder thru the VGA socket useing prog scan?...thx :thumbsup: Akky

2. hermeneut

hermeneut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The VGA socket provides an additional HD input when using a component to VGA cable. A regular HDMI cable is all you need to connect a HDMI source.

3. Snash

Snash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Akcron - I'm waiting for this unit as well - that's four weeks since I ordered it from John Lewis in Glasgow and still no idea of when I'll get it. Have you been given a timescale?
    Cheers
    Snash

4. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thx for the reply hermeneut looks like im gonna buy a dvd :smashin:

Yeah Snash been waiting about the same time got a letter saying by the 6th october and somthing about production problems.. :( .....hope you get yours soon Akky :thumbsup:

5. borja_2005

borja_2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I also ordered the Toshiba 27wl56 from John Lewis Glasgow 1 month ago, today I phoned them as they told me that for today they were going to have some tvs. However now they say for next week, but they cannot warranty.

6. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    the phone with toshiba and the person i was talking to said as far as he knew there were no production problems, and were still making them ,,but also told me John Lewis wont be stocking the wl56 anymore, how tru this is i dont know but might be worth giving them a ring ,borja_2005 and Snash. let me know ant news you hear Akky :thumbsup:

7. Snash

Snash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I ordered they said they were out of stock. When I checked a couple of weeks later they said they wouldn't be stocking it anymore but would honour orders already placed by ordering just enough to fulfill these orders.

But still heard nothing! Now thinking of something else.

8. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I got mine from www.beyondtelevision.com They had stock last time i looked and the customer service was pretty good.

just had a quick look and they are now OUT OF STOCK

9. borja_2005

borja_2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,

I wonder if any of you who bought the Toshiba 27wl56 from Glasgow John Lewis (or from other John Lewis) has got any news about new stock coming. They promised me this week but still they did not call me, I will go later to visit them to ask them if they can be a bit more serious and tell me what is going on. They always give me new dates but the tv never arrives, I am a bit fed up already. So I am thinking to forget about their free 5 years warranty and buy from the internet.

Cheers.