1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Widescreen Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rotherhamfc, May 18, 2001.

1. Rotherhamfc

Rotherhamfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Toshiba 32inch 100Hz tv, and althought the TV's great, ever since switching from OnDigital to Cable, I've had an annoying problem. Whenever I change the channel from a widescreen program to a 4:3 program on another channel, the screen reverts to 4:3, whereas i want permanent widescreen, meaning I have to manually change it all the time.

Anyone know any way of defaulting to widescreen on such tvs rather than 4:3.

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check your tv and cable box set up menus to see if the aspect ratio is set to 16:9 rather than 4:3.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    :mad: How come you got your member name "Tim", when I was turned down :confused: I had to settle for Timh

[ 19-05-2001: Message edited by: Timh ]

4. Rotherhamfc

Rotherhamfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Cable box and TV are both set widescreen (16:9), and widescreen shows are shown in widescreen, but 4:3 shows revert back to normal. I need to know a way really to change the factory preset for Toshiba TVs, so i can change it from 4:3 to widescreen.

And I don't know how i got the name Tim, just tried it and it worked.

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it appears to be working as it should, and I don't know of a way of changing the default. However I think I am right in saying that the tv will remember the last picture mode it was set in and should start up in that mode, until you switch to an AV input.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tim, dont know if you have the same Menu as my 36" Tosh, I found if I turned the WSS to off that solved the problem.

Regards
    Barrie