1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba WHO8B, the same but different?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BadAss, Mar 17, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I read on this site some one had an WH08B but an updated model and by looking to the right of the power button he could see inside his set and look at the lenses in the mirror. When I looked there was no hole to see through. Can any one else see into their sets from this point? I have the 46" model. The reason I ask is that he said his lenses had hoods and I wanted to see if mine had them too.

Regards Kev.

PS, I need more Anamorphic DVD's!!!

------------------
    Is he the one?

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see anything either! Are we being wound up by some hidden camera trickster?

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forget to mention that I asked the service engineer about that one yesterday and he said he had heard nothing about it.

He only finished his course last week and in all the diagrams he had studied NONE had this rumoured lens hood...so who knows???

Dont s'pose the parties making claims to the lens hood fancy taking their TV's apart and taking a picture for us...lol

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this may sound thick to all you experts but what are Anamorpic DVD's?

Also can anybody point me in the right direction about playing region 1 dvd's on my region 2 player.

Its a panasonic RV41-EBS but I have seached everywhere for the hack. If it does need chipping this will invalidate the warranty won't it?

5. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,701
    Hi Kev,

What do you think of your 46' toshiba?.<br />If you were comparing to 40', is there much difference to picture quality. I am interested in either the 40 or 46, but not seen a 46 in my area to compare.

Not being to technical Craig, anamophic are the best dvds to get, basically they are a format, just like 16:9 widescreen, etc, but have the best picture to fill a screen.

rai

6. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    rai,

I would say the picture quality would be the same on both but I would still go for the 46' model. If you have the space the extra 6's make all the difference beside you can stick your center speaker on top of it unlike the 40'

.....<br /> <br /> pickfoc

Just to add, Anamorphic DVD's are recorded to use the full resolution of your TV. But to fit a widescreen image on a TV system which was built to display a 4:3 frame the picture is streched vertically before put on the DVD. (this is where the extra resolution is from) Your widescreen TV then stretches the image horizontally to bring the image back ito proportion and you end up with a filled widesceen image. Non Anamorphic DVD's have to be streched horizontally and vertically to fill a widesceen TV so no extra resolution is gained.