Toshiba V-711

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dUnKle, Jan 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    After by old and reliable Toshiba video broke after 6 years loyal service I went and purchased the V-711 after seeing its award winning status in another HC magazine and also it not being too bad a price.

However im a little disapointed with the playback quality on programs I have recorded off ITV Digital.

My old Toshiba had almost excellent record/playback but this seems to be ever so slightly grainy.

Any tips on getting the best from it ? As with all my interconnectors its linked with high quality Scart cables.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh God, this seems like De Ja Vu, first no end of problems with the 32zp18B and now with the sodding video as well!! Pre recorded playback (gladiator is good) but recording off the onboard tuner or itv digital sucks. Also the recorded volume (and the on board decoder) is very low. Are we going to see another Toshiba product that has won awards yet sucks at home.
    Can anyone help me as well?

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Mmmmmmmmm

so its not just me

Just to let you know that my dad also purchased one of these videos and we both recordered Enterprise on Monday night, me from ITVDigital him from SKY.

Both copies do not seem to have the sharpness or colour that you would expect and also both have very low volume control.

are there hidden menus ? or secret set-ups available ?

4. dc1743

dc1743
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I'm not sure if it helps but i recorded Enterprise on a Sky+ box and when watching the recording I was struck by how flat and dull the colours looked. I think this may be more to do with the Sky One signal quality.

HTH Richard