• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba (US) now offering firmware download via PC

Spoonhead

Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can now download an ISO image from toshiba for the latest firmware update. I know previously you had to order a CD direct from Toshiba or do it via the player.

NOTE THAT THIS IS FOR US PLAYERS ONLY

http://www.tacpservice.toshiba.com/ConsumerProductSupport/productupdatesandnotices.asp

Covers both Gen 1 and Gen 2 machines (though the page title just mentions the Gen 2 models)

Gazza

KevD

Distinguished Member
I think this has been the case in the US for a good while now, why they cant do it for the UK I don't know.

ANGUZ

Yeah no reason why they shouldnt, common sense :suicide:
be cheaper than them sending 1,000`s of cd`s out to people

harrytasker

Standard Member
Yeah no reason why they shouldnt, common sense :suicide:
be cheaper than them sending 1,000`s of cd`s out to people

European support is not very good from Toshiba i reckon. Firmware updates takes ages here. As i said before in a thread, they already had firmware version 2.1 and 2.2 for their A2. We still have to "suffer" with the 2.0 version :mad:

Moosh

European support is not very good from Toshiba i reckon. Firmware updates takes ages here. As i said before in a thread, they already had firmware version 2.1 and 2.2 for their A2. We still have to "suffer" with the 2.0 version :mad:

Suffer? How's that?

Cheers
Moosh

supermackem

So do these firmwares work for the A1.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom