Question Toshiba TV sound cuts out during quiet moments

Wilko369

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Toshiba 65vl5a63db TV which was purchased in July last year.
All working ok until a firmware update yesterday came through. Since updating the sound cuts when there is a quiet moment on the channel we are watching and little background noise.
Very annoying as the start/end of sentences are often inaudible.
I have checked all settings I can see but no way of turning this off.
Any ideas please? Or any way i can revert firmware back to original version. Current version is V.5.34.1.4.
Thanks

Having the exact same issue and wish I hadn’t clicked to update the system when prompted an hour ago :(

Having the exact same issue and wish I hadn’t clicked to update the system when prompted an hour ago :(
Must be a bug in the update. Might have to try helpline tomorrow... if no joy it's going back as cant hear half of programmes!

Tried emailing them last night and had a email back today with the instructions on how to do a factory reset to which I’ve followed but it’s had no success 🙄🙈

I called today, told me how to access engineers menu and complete factory reset but same, no success. Played around with other options on the menu and still the same. They are going to email me a firmware update to put onto usb and try. Will update thread with any progress when they send it.

Update, i tried usb firmware update but still same problem. Called Toshiba who advised me to take back to store after confirming proof of purchase, condition via photo. Got to Currys PC world and explained problem and now they want me to send away for a repair and be without tv for 7-28 days. This cant be right surely?!

I've got a 43T6863DB and 50U2963DB both recently updated to the same firmware version. I haven't noticed the issue (at least not yet). Is there a programme I can test it with on iPlayer or other app?

Since updating the sound cuts when there is a quiet moment on the channel we are watching

Internal Freeview tuner, viewing via an app or an AV input?
Or on all?

BT Youview, console and Android box all the same

I've got a 43T6863DB and 50U2963DB both recently updated to the same firmware version. I haven't noticed the issue (at least not yet). Is there a programme I can test it with on iPlayer or other app?
We notice on most programmes, one that springs to mind was Judge Rinder Crime Stories (dont judge me!! Haha!!) During first few minutes very obvious.

BT Youview, console and Android box all the same

On all external AV inputs then.
What about the internal Freeview tuner?
If you've never used it just remove the aerial from the BT box and plug it into the TV's aerial socket and go through the tuning setup.

Hi, i received the USB stick too in the end and am still having the same issue 🙄 has anyone else had any success? Thanks

Hello. ŴAnyone had any luck with this issue? I have a Toshiba 55UL5A63DB doing exactly this. Happens with Humax freesat and built in Netflix and iPlayer.

I’m having the same issue. Notice it on BT tv and all built in apps. No issue with sound When I’m using my fire stick or Sky satellite signal. Driving me mad.

Has anyone found a fix for this? im after getting a Toshiba 55UL5A63DB, everything was working great the first week but today the sound also started cutting out during quiet scenes, very frustrating!

Has anyone found a fix for this? im after getting a Toshiba 55UL5A63DB, everything was working great the first week but today the sound also started cutting out during quiet scenes, very frustrating!

Return it to the retailer as not fit for purpose.

I'm still ongoing with this.. curryspcworld wont refund me without attempting a repair. Looking at further options as the TV is not fit for purpose

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom