1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba TV, Problems with video game hook up

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dstar2349, Sep 8, 2005.

1. dstar2349

dstar2349

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a toshiba tv with 4 different (white, yellow, red) outlets to which i can plug my video game into. One in the front, and three in the back. I don't have the original remote to the tv, but i have a universal. I've tried pluging the gamecube into all of these plugs and i can't get it to work. The tv doesn't have like a AUX channel, or a tv/video button. Any suggestions. Thanks for sure.

Later

2. sniper007

sniper007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does it have a scart,if so you could get a connecter that turns your 3 leads into scart,then plug it in and turn your game cube on and your tv may switch aotomatically to av.also you are looking for av channel not aux!!!or a button with a small box with a small arrow pointing in to it!! :thumbsup:

3. dstar2349

dstar2349

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what is a scart

4. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scart socket -
    A SCART socket is a 21 pin connector fitted on many European TV, VCR, and Satellite products, it provides stereo sound and video signals both in and out of the item of equipment (obviously depending on the particular type of equipment), it can also provide RGB signals, which can be useful for connecting Video Game Consoles or Digital TV Set Top Boxes (STB's).

Pin 8 provides signal switching. When you turn on a VCR the TV will automatically switch to the Line in of that feed.
    Sometimes they are named L1, L2 etc or Av1, Av2.

Your video game is using the composite cabling. Yellow for Video signal and White/Red for sound.
    You can get a scart ended lead for the video game and if it supports Pin 8 switching, then it will appear on the tv.

Else continue using the lead you currently use but as sniper007 says, you must switch the tv from tuner input to AV input. (Thse are the connections on the back and front of the tv).
    Im afraid you should have to get the remote which operates the tv properly to change to AV

Attached Files:

5. Padi

Padi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If used to have a similar problem with a sanyo tv. No matter what universal remote i tried none would let be use the AV channel. In the end had to plug the console in to the scart input on my VCR then connect the VCR to the tv using the RF cable so i could tune in to the vcr channel. Hopefuly you wont have to do this but its a possibility until you find how to connect directly to the tv

6. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea Padi, using the Video L1/L2 scarts :)