Toshiba TLP T30, good buy?

Neil J B

Standard Member
I just bought a Toshiba TLP T30 from ebay and I was wondering if its any good? It will be my first projector so I cant really compare it against anything. I will use it for home cinema and my xbox 360, its unused and sealed up in the box so if its not suitable for my needs I could sell it and get something different. What are you guys opinions?

Ps. I only paid just over £200 for it.

cyberheater

Short answer is no.

Contrast ratio is only 400:1. You should be aiming for 2000:1 or better.
Panel rez is only 800 x 600, 4:3 aspect.

Basically it's a 3 year old business projector. Sell it quick mate.

K

Kadders

Neil J B said:
I saw that but the projector in the auction is a TLP T30, I only just realised.
Ah yes - sorry, failed to spot that. I still think it should be 1024x768 though. Maybe cyberheater can let us know where he got his spec from?

Neil J B

Standard Member
Thanks, I only just spotted that myself. I just had a terrible feeling a wasnt getting what I was expecting.

K

Kadders

This from a translated Chinese site:
Name Toshiba projector (Toshiba TLP-T30 projector)

Projection technology : DLP
X-ray brightness : 2500 lumens
The standard resolution : 1024 x 768
Contrast gradient : 2000:1
Weight : 3 kg
Projection picture size (m) : 33-300 inches
Projection distance (m) : 1.15-10.00
It is 4:3 aspect though, but as it's DLP, I would expect the contrast ratio to be way more than cyberheater quoted. 2000:1 is more likely.

cyberheater

Kadders said:
Ah yes - sorry, failed to spot that. I still think it should be 1024x768 though. Maybe cyberheater can let us know where he got his spec from?
I'm wrong. Sorry. I got mixed up with another Toshiba PJ.

Specs of this one look good. Your good to go :thumbsup:

@ Neil J B. You got yourself a bit of a bargain there. Let us know how it turns out.

Neil J B

Standard Member
Well it hasnt arrived yet. :( I payed for the item plus next day delivery at 7am monday through paypal so I dont know what the hold up is, no reply from the seller either. I just hope I'm not being scammed.

cyberheater

Neil J B said:
Well it hasnt arrived yet. :( I payed for the item plus next day delivery at 7am monday through paypal so I dont know what the hold up is, no reply from the seller either. I just hope I'm not being scammed.
It is annoying. When folks buy stuff off me on ebay I always send it out the next day.

I wouldn't worry about being scammed though. Going buy the sellers feedback and the types of items he sell it looks legit enough. It's not with a nieghbour is it?

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Doesn't look like a scam, feedback looks good. It is silly season with hols etc though. I'm sure it will turn up soon. Looks a good PJ for the price too.

YamahaClavinova

Novice Member
i wouldn't worry too much - the fact that you paid by Paypal is a good thing since you are covered against fraud. If it is not sent to you just tell paypal and they will stop the payment.

cyberheater

Neil J B said:
Good news! I just got a message saying he posted it today special delivery.
Great. Should be with you tomorrow then. Looks like it's gonna be movie night round your place tomorrow :thumbsup:

Neil J B

Standard Member
I have had a bit of a play and I'm very impressed. My Xbox 360 looks great through vga, especially the upscaled dvd playback. :D I just need to get a long optical cable to link it up to my DSP A-1.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom