Toshiba TL868 tuning satellites

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by graham141, Jan 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. graham141

graham141
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope this is the correct part of the forum, if not please forgive me. I have just bought a Toshiba TL868 and am really pleased with the unit. The website I bought it from did not mention that it could operate as a satellite receiver so I was very chuffed when I received it and realised it could. I am failing to tune the satellites properly, the manual (even the one downloaded off the Toshiba site) hardly mentions the tuning, no matter what configuration I use in the menu it only saves one satellite (the previous one disapears after the search). I have a single motorised dish but cannot move it with the tv.
    Like I said if this is not the appropriate forum for this thread please move it.
    Hope someone can help
    Thanks graham141

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    A Google search on Toshiba TL868 brings a few pages advertising a FreeviewHD Tv with no mention of a Freesat tuner.
    Have you given the correct model no?

3. Curly99

Curly99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    found these specs for the TV, aren't the DVB-s and DVB-S2 satellite tuners??

Curly

4. graham141

graham141
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your replies, I have cracked it, I was tuning the sats in individually when I chose "all" instead of the satellite name, I just needed to move the dish to the next satellite after each was scanned (very quickly) and all the channels stayed in the channel list. 2450 channels on 4 satellites (would be more but can only decrypt a few on Hellas 2 so I just inputted 4 frequencies)

As I said I am very, very pleased with this tv as the cam interface works with the Diablo WiFi with cccam and with the Diablo 2.

The only pity is that there is only one list of favourites so it will be a long list, got a long job now of sorting the chaff from the seed.

Like I said, thank you for your replies and I can highly recommend this television and the suppliers Electrical Experience.co.uk for only £449 delivery free, delivered in 6 days which included the New Year weekend.

Best Regards
    Graham

P.S. JayCee as well as the satellite tuner it has a HD Freeview Tuner - superb value for the money

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  5. pathan

pathan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the same tv last week. My brother has tuned it in to 2 different satellites and i get over 600 channels. The only problem is that as there are so many you need to make a viewing list but the channels seem to keep on moving. One night for example i get CNN on 489 and the next its moved to a different preset. Any one have any ideas whats happening?

6. TVAsia

TVAsia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    channels keep on moving on my list as well. Anyone has found solution?