1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba T.v.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by CHRISG, Apr 26, 2002.

1. CHRISG

CHRISG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I currently own a Toshiba 32W8DB T.V . Does anyone out there
    know how to turn off the front speakers? The reason for this is that i have also recently bought a Digital Surround System, and
    i have been advised to turn off the speakers, this should then enable me to use things like playstation etc through the surround system, and not through the Tele. The manual does not show me how to do this, and there are no options on the On screen Menu's to do so, apart from turning the speaker volumes right down and the sub woofer off!

Any ideas?

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    Hi CHRISG
    I dont know of any reason why you were advised to turn off the speakers.There will be no detrimental effect in just turning the volume down.I have a Toshiba 32ZD09B and i have my DVD connected with an RGB only scart so no audio goes through the tv anyway.I also have a Plystation 2 connected using an ordinary scart and an optical cable to my amp.I dont always want the full surround sound when i am playing(late at night for instance),so i leave my amp off and just listen through the tv's main speakers,but when i do want the full effect i just turn on my amp and turn down the volume on the tv.There is another way to by-pass the audio into your tv from your Playstation,and that is to connect it using component video but i am not sure if your model of Toshiba has this connection.

3. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've the 28" model, and run all my audio through an amp 100% pf the time.

On the back is a panel for attaching the external speakers for the surrounds, and also for optional external fronts. At the top of this panel is a switch. Turn it off, this controls the left & right mains.

Once you've done that you need to go into the setup menu for the surround sound on the TV - slide flap down on remote press button with pic of 2 speakers above it, then set to off. This disables the centre speaker.

This gives you a monitor which you can feed composite / s-video / RGB and lets you have total control over the whole show through your amp all the time.

Jason

4. CHRISG

CHRISG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi RON24 and JASON S

Thanks for your responses, shall try it out and let you know how i
    got on.

Thanks.