Toshiba Sx34 Best Quality Recording?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by WAITSMAN, Sep 18, 2005.

1. WAITSMAN

WAITSMAN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this dvd recording but I must say I am impressed with my Tosh recorder. I am doing most things ok ( Thanks Malodian ) but can anybody answer this query?
    I want to record a 90 min prog onto dvd ram next week (Bob Dylan). I understand this tosh can be set to fill the disk at best possible rate. Do I need to set the timer? otherwise how does the machine know when I start recording on a 2 hour ram disc that the prog is 90 mins long.
    Again this machine is a pleasure to use, sure there are lots of menus but in a fairly short space of time they become like riding a bike. I have read that fan noise can be a problem but mine is fairly quiet.

2. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I'd like to know how to do that as well. My understanding of fitting a recording onto a disc is that the recording already exists on the hard drive, so the Tosh knows how long it is.

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Yes, you set a record timer. Set the "mode" to "Auto", and it will choose the bit rate for you.

As I assume the programme has music, you may want to set the Audio to "D/M2" instead of the default "D/M1" (uses higher quality rate for the music). It is arguable if this really helps or not (depends on the quality of the audio source), but I usually use this for music recordings.

Mark

4. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been promising myself one of these for ages, so can you give me some info on this player, it will be my first dvd recorder. Is it easy to use, and whats the timeslip like?. I needed one with component and a good size hard drive which this player has.
    So is it as good as tosh make it out to be or is there any others that are better at the same price. I ask that because my tele is not a tosh so I don't need everthing from the same company.
    Thanks in advance.

5. WAITSMAN

WAITSMAN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only had this machine for two weeks so I am no expert but I am very pleased with it. I have had a problem recording home movies which were shot on a Sony digi 8, I was being told that the source was copy protected. I rang the Toshiba help line and they are aware of this problem with Sony cam-corders, they are sending me a disc which will update/fix this. Using this machine is very easy, though there are lots of menus they become like riding a bike after a few days. I have been archiving/editing and have had no problems apart from the pre-mentioned. I am recording onto ram discs so my editing does not fragment my hard drive. I would recomend this machine to anybody, esp for £300.0.

6. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that Waitsman,
    I think I can get it from LX Direct for £279 with some codes, can anyone find it cheaper?. I know about buyyourav.com for £270 but they don't have any instock.

7. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just ordered it from Kays cat £258.99 with a 30% discount code, but have to wait for 3 weeks :( .

8. manj

manj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where do you get the discount codes ?

9. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used the code DETE but you must have a login reference for there online site so you will have to of bought from them before.