1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SX32 program loss

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SGM26, Apr 9, 2005.

1. SGM26

SGM26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba SX32 program loss

I had a power loss this evening, and my tosh did not respond as I had hoped it would. When the power returned, after over 1 hour, the display was flashing and all of the advanced recording programs were lost. While one might expect this, my Panny VCR had reset the time and the programs were still there. I would expect more from the Tosh. I could attach an UPS but I was wondering if there was some setting that I had overlooked. I had the time set to auto, and expected that the record programming was on the hard drive.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is very odd!!!

Before my first Tosh went back I packed it up and it was switch off for up to 12 hours When they didn't pick it up I plugged it back in and it remembed my future programs time etc.

The usuall way to lose something is when it is recording but this would only be the recording currently being made.

No idea on how the battery backup works but I would leave it on for 24 hours then switch it off for an hour and then plug it back it and in should remember. Otherwise you might have a problem.