1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Strata 36ZD26P from RGB Direct

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimbo123, Dec 21, 2002.

1. jimbo123

jimbo123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Note to Administrators : Have posted similar post in the massive Toshiba Strata thread but felt this may be useful info to members who aren't following that thread. Hope this is OK.

After months of deliberating I finally took the plunge and bought the 36ZD26P.
    Got it from www.rgbdirect.com even though there has been some bad reports about them. I phoned them on Monday and paid my £1234 and the TV turned up on Thurs.......cant argue with that especially the week b4 Xmas :)
    However as I'm only about 10 miles from their Ildord Branch they did deliver it themselves rather than a direct delivery from Toshiba.
    A pal of mine helped me set it up and we are both impressed...neither of us can see the infamous 1" dirty bands either side of the screen no matter how much we tried.
    I have a very slight bend on the bottom left of the screen. We went into the service menu and had a play but couldnt improve things as we're unsure what to tweak.
    Any help in this matter would be appreciated as I can't be arsed to trawl through all the post again. Pretty sure that nothing can be done about this IIRC.
    So far....very impressed.
    So its a Thumbs up to RGB Direct and the 36ZD26P

2. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too bought a toshiba 36"from rgb but mine is a different story , i bought the set in august and 2 hours after they had delivered it i rang and expressed my concern regarding the dark patches on the screen, i was given all sorts of excuses but in the end i requested an exchange set. by november the 22nd and phone call after phone call still no exchange set so i requested my money back its now dec 21st they have had the set back 2 weeks and still no refund ......word of advice i hope you dont have any problems with the set and i would personally never use them again.