1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba stand

Discussion in 'TVs' started by shaunthedude, Feb 1, 2002.

1. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you get a stand off toshiba for the 42wh18b rp tv. ie a stand that you can put your video and dvd player on. or will i have to put them on a table or non tosh stand next to the tv

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes! Most dealers will offer a stand as part of the deal, but if you already have your tv then contact your dealer. Stand cost about £120 to £150.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks dave. one more question. do these stands go under the existing stand with the speakers in or do the stand at the side

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can i ask weather you have seen the stand and why you would want one?

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i aint seen the stand but i need one as i now have nowhere to put my dvd and vcr. im limited for space and really needed one that fits under the tv

6. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be careful raising the height of the tv too much. Depending on where you sit, you may have problems with a reduction in brightness/picture quality from the RP set.

I would test this out first once you know the height of the stand.

Cheers

Laurel

7. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    They go under the TV.

Like Laurel says, AVOID...the height would put it out of the sweet spot, plus you might get neck ache!

8. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a stand with my 46" version and it is fine. The viewing angle is not affected in any way. The base of the tv, where the speakers are, is, in fact, the tv. The top half of the cabinet contains a mirror to reflect the image onto the screen, and nothing else. The two halves cannot be separated as many people think. The tv has rounded 'feet' that slot into scooped cups on top of the stand. Even if you don't use the stand it can be useful as an added extra when you come to sell your tv, especially if a pub is interested.

9. Gaz H

Gaz H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got to agree with Delta. I've got the 46WHO8b on the stand and it doesn't affect the viewing angle at all. The advantage with the stand on the 46" is you can store 4 units in it, not sure about the 42" but it's probabily going to be the same as the 40WHO8 with space for 2 units. I was uncertain when I ordered it but I'm glad I did.

Gary