Toshiba Smart TV, Twonky Server Issue.

Trajet

I have a Toshiba 24WK3A63DB Smart TV. I also use Twonky Server built into a WDMyCloud NAS.

I am having a problem streaming from the NAS with this TV only. I think the problem is that the TV will only go five folders in before it can't go any deeper. This isn't an issue with any of the other devices that connect to the Twonky Server. (Samsung Smart TV, Fire sticks using VLC, tablets, phones etc.)

(How the TV views the folder structure)

[NAS] \ [Viewing drive by folder (to keep video series in order)] \ [External drive connected to NAS] \ [Folder of all TV videos] \ [TV Show] \ [TV series]
\Video\By Folder\Expansion_Desk-2\TV\THE DETECTIVES\SERIES 5\DETECTIVES 5x04. THE CURSE OF THE COMANCHES.MKV

The question is, will this be a limitation of the Toshiba TV and if so would there be a workaround?

next010

Distinguished Member
Check with another DLNA server on the PC.

Install Serviio, add the shared folders from the NAS to Serviio and then attempt to access it from the TV, see what happens.

Trajet

Thanks for the suggestion @next010

The solution to the issue was to remove the . after the series and episode number.

DETECTIVES 5x04. THE CURSE OF THE COMANCHES.MKV became

DETECTIVES 5x04 THE CURSE OF THE COMANCHES.MKV

I thought I was going to be in for a long job having to remove all the .'s. Fortunately Ant Renamer from Portable Apps converted over a hundred box set episode titles in roughly six to eight seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom